2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Consumer Review: I've already spent several tho

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Review

I've already spent several thousand!
By butta246 on

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for 8 years and It's a lot of maintence. Those who haven't had problems are lucky. So far I've had to buy several hoses, my back drink holder broke, new catalytic converter, timing belt, new a.c. compressor, I was actually locked inside my car once (long story but true), and my key got stuck on the outside of the car, I had to call AAA and send it to get it fixed asap. I now need to get my tires aligned because I'm going out of tires like crazy. Also my windows won't roll down, if they do they don't roll back up. It's about $400 a piece. I don't know if I got a lemon, but I have spent several thousand dollars on this car.

Very good on gas. I fill my tank up once every 2 weeks. I love how it's a convertible. It's very easy to drive. I love the leather seats as well as it being heated. They work great! Easy to clean on the inside.

Besides everything above, I wish we had better drink holders, nothing fits on those things! Maybe just a little bigger for a trunk space.
By kristinj816
on 08/10/11 11:12 AM (PDT)

How did you get the key out of the outside of the door? This car is nothing but problems. I will never buy another volkswagen. It's not just you. Any feedback would be great. And seriously, what were they thinking with those cup holders?!? Thanks!