2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cabrio model:
2002 GLX Cabrio
By rwooten on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have wanted one of these since the cabriolet (when I was in college)came out in the 80's. This is a "play car" (3rd vehicle)for our family. After lugging around in a Yukon XL all day with kids this car is treat to drive.

Perfect car
By Mac Daddy on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My x had a 1997 Cabrio,nice!!! I purchased a 2002 one and the best VW yet.

Taking My Time To Get Where I'm Going...
By Nicolina on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sure the car has it's drawbacks when it comes to speed...but who needs speed when you take your time to get where you're going? You can't help but feel relaxed in this car. It's fun to drive and flashy. I have red! What more do you need? It's too bad it got bad ratings from people that couldn't spring for the GLX model...power top, leather seats, rims...all the good stuff. Men look funny driving this car too...I just don't understand it. It's definately a chick only car!

Love my cabby
By lajlmt on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is too late to buy a new cabby, they are out of production, glad I did not wait!

Don't do it
By Dnice on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car because it's what I had wanted for some time; what a joke. With my foot flooring the gas pedal, it took a few seconds to pick up speed. I was getting in the way of the other drivers. Granted I hadn't test driven the car before buying it, so I do blame myself for getting saddled with a cheaply built, sluggish, low performance vehicle. It freely swayed from side-to-side with the wind and rattled over every bump in its path. I hated it after 2 days, within two months it was history. Now I'm riding in a Benz and have that "new car feeling." An important factor missing when driving the Cabrio.

Disappointed
By K.Pyle on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Currently, I have reported to NHSTA,BBB Autoline and the AZ Attorney Generals Office on the poor relaibility and defects of my 2001 (new) Cabrio G LX. This car has been in service over 37 days..fuel pumps, cruise control,ground defaults, wheel lugs, oil pan leak, rear brake problems. There has been continous major problems with this car...and other consumers in the service dept. waiting room,also have not experienced the dependalbility one is to expect when purchasing a new car.

Close to Ideal Convertible
By theorn on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Cabrio is a well designed contertible. Specifically, the GLS covers all the features that you need to get the most use out of your convertible (see below). There are some problems: The radio is dated - there is no in-dash CD player available - and I've noticed an occasional buzz that doesn't appear to be speaker related. The lock system has given me troubles in the city. The key- fob is designed terribly, it's easy to set off the alarm. You can feel the frame flex in a way that a car shouldn't. The car is great at its current price point. I sure wish VW had given it the redesign that should have happened years ago. Now it looks like the Bug will replace it as VW's Cabrio.

love my vw!!
By meliem on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

VW sells a vehicle equal in quality to much more expensive vehicles. I traded a 2001 Mercedes C240 for the Cabrio and like it much better. It doesn't have all the extra features but the acceleration is better and it's alot more fun.

SOMETIMES I GO TOPLESS!
By Nicole T. on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just absolutely love my car! I cant believe they even described it as sluggish. When I first purchased the vehicle, I was worried it wouldnt hold up to the speed my Acura Integra offered, but my little Cabrio definetley has some serious pep. Dropping the top (going topless) makes driving a whole new experience. This is my first convertible and let me tell you, once you go topless you never go back!

I love it
By sabrina on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

it is awesome