2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cabrio model:
great little car!
By I'd buy it again on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very happy with my Cabrio GLX. It has been very reliable and is lots of fun to drive. I would happily buy the car again.

NEVER BUY A VW!
By MMV on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had such a bad experience with VW. I went to all the VWs in my area and can't believe the poor service that I have been getting. I LOVE my car, however it is not worth the price of dealing with their service department (s). Even after speaking to the manager I haven't been helped. If you would like more detail, just email me.

I wouldn't buy it if I could do it over
By VWinNOVA on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car, but the problems I've experienced are definitely not worth its fun. Numerous problems with the electrical system-- dash lights come on for no reason, I have to restart the car to get the ac to come on, and it doesn't always like to start on the first try. It has terrible acceleration, and can be uncomfortable on long trips, but it is a fun beach car.

Lemon
By njgirl on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had numerous problems for one year - delivered without enough transmission fluid - not alligned - resulted in requireing new tires - cruise control worked intermittantly - ABS light on - Engine Check Light on - cannot trust safety driving - stopped when engine check light on

cute and fun
By mindfulone on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a great! It is the only sporty convertible I could find that handles well in the snow. The electric top is convenient in that I do not worry about what is inside that someone might take. Another feature I looked for was enough space to pick someone up at the airport and have their luggage and my dog fit at the same time. The trunk is much bigger than the Miata or the BMW which were my other choices. The Cabrio is also much quieter than the others due to the multi-layered top. It is a lot of fun at a fair price

Cabrio
By playa8604 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, the car is great, however, I've only had it for about a year and a half and have already had to put it in the shop a few times for minor problems (the radio volume did not go to soft.) If you're looking for a cute convertible that's good in the winter as well as the summer, the cabrio's a good choice

good car
By fred1hart on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

an excellent car, especially for the money. Solid, fun, etc

wish it was better
By trixxie on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

you know i waited and saved up for this car and wanted to love it. but i have had more problems than i care to list. yes i had the peeling doors replaced and the power window still sounds like broken glass on every bump. i have had the front seats replaced. now the check engine light came on and stayed on. and i was told it was a compter error and was $900 to fix- but it won't effect the running of the car. i think it is terrible that VW doesn't stand behind the product. this is great if you have another car to drive while its in the shop.

Loving my Cabrio
By thoughtcatalyst on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is pure fun combined with VW reliability. The electric top allows me to put the top up or down at a stop light allowing incredible flexibility. I've also driven it on slippery roads up to ski. It performed without any trouble with only ugraded radials on the front. The heated seats are also a welcome treat on cold mornings.

cabrio
By douthett on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, excellent handling, easy to get around town, plenty of room inside.I bought this car to replace a BMW 318 and I am very happy with the choice.