My Easter Basket
By MissMix on
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I cant decide if I love this car or hate it. Snow and tractor trailers are the enemy! Once the warranty expired, the problems started. MANY electrical problems and a coolant leak, so far. If Volkswagens are so reliable, why is the warranty so short? The back seat is roomy, but the front isnt. Try starting it without the wipers coming on! The interior panel material wear too quickly (door handles). With a 2.slOw, it barely gets out of its own way. Not the car to not someone off in! FAR too much wind noise on the highway. Easy parking and very easy to "transform". With the top down, it looks like an Easter basket!
Favorite Features
You buy a convertible for a reason! Great gas milage. EVERYONE loves the dash colors! It has many quality safety features. In one word, this car is "cute".
Suggested Improvements
The dash seems too close and cluttered. The SLIGHT movement in the wheel is useless. Try fitting A cup in the cupholder, let alone 2. I cant fit the owners manual in the glove box either. It needs a longer warranty, and definitely needs more pick up.