Used 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio GL Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cabrio model:

best car ever
By cabriogal71

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

I have had many cars, but my 2000 VW Cabrio is by far the best. I bought it new, in 2000, and it has over 120,000 miles on it. It still has a lot of get up and go. We have made sure it gets the suggested preventative maintenance when due. I hope to keep it forever.

Convertible, manual 5 speed, good stereo, sporty

The design causes a big blind spot, making it hard to see out back side windows when backing out of parking spaces. Could use more noise reduction in top.

AWESOME vehicle for price and safety.
By darwinsti69

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

The car is amazing, and as long as you keep all maintanance up, like all of us should, it will run forever!!! This was my dream car from 11th grade and I finally had a chance to get it and BAM!! Many hours of cruising at the beach, to Kentucy and on to Phillidelphia and back home to NC. Gas mileage was great! I would reccommend this vehicle over and over, just be aware, regular maintanence is important no matter what vehicle you own. You go to the Dr when you need a checkup, take your car regularly too:-)

EVERYTHING!!

A piece of junk!
By Editux

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with 7000 miles on it only, and had to replace a water pump that same summer (thankfully under power train warranty). The water pump broke down the following year again, and then couple years later again. The check engine light basically has been on since the very beginning.. it sometimes comes off, but then it's back on. All the little plastic parts in the interior broke down after 2 years. Cupholders don't hold anything besides a can of soda. Automatic roof stopped working the first summer I had it. Love the convertible, but otherwise it's a piece of JUNK!

Convertible, small, good gas mileage, good price.

Everything constantly brakes down, very unreliable car, waste of your money.

What a Piece of Junk
By Bill

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

My girlfriend owns this car and I can't tell you how many headaches it has given me. I will never buy another Volkswagen ever again. It has had problems with the window regulators, engine, exhaust system, and brakes. I'm too upset to write anymore because I'm going to be plunking down hundreds of dollars next week for the window regulators. I know so many people with Volkswagen horror stories.

Build a quality car for once.

torn between love and hate
By stace

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

as soon as i got into my cabrio, i fell in love with it. unfortunately that quickly ended when my fuel pump relay system went two weeks after i bought the car (34000 mi on car). soon after i found out that my windows weren't hitting the weather stripping, causing them to leak, which isn't covered under my 2yr factory warranty because it is an "adjustment." my front wheel tie rod went bad a few months ago, way before it should have. my window regulators are going bad as well. just yesterday my check engine light came on, so we'll see what kind of surprise i have in store next. it's impractical for me to have my car in the shop 1-2 times/month.

styling, gas milage, stereo system. so much fun to drive. LOVE the roll bar

all mechanical things are really bad. too many things go bad too quickly.