2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cabrio model:
AWESOME vehicle for price and safety.
By darwinsti69 on 08/15/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

The car is amazing, and as long as you keep all maintanance up, like all of us should, it will run forever!!! This was my dream car from 11th grade and I finally had a chance to get it and BAM!! Many hours of cruising at the beach, to Kentucy and on to Phillidelphia and back home to NC. Gas mileage was great! I would reccommend this vehicle over and over, just be aware, regular maintanence is important no matter what vehicle you own. You go to the Dr when you need a checkup, take your car regularly too:-)

A piece of junk!
By Editux on 09/01/09 18:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with 7000 miles on it only, and had to replace a water pump that same summer (thankfully under power train warranty). The water pump broke down the following year again, and then couple years later again. The check engine light basically has been on since the very beginning.. it sometimes comes off, but then it's back on. All the little plastic parts in the interior broke down after 2 years. Cupholders don't hold anything besides a can of soda. Automatic roof stopped working the first summer I had it. Love the convertible, but otherwise it's a piece of JUNK!

What a Piece of Junk
By Bill on 07/12/06 19:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

My girlfriend owns this car and I can't tell you how many headaches it has given me. I will never buy another Volkswagen ever again. It has had problems with the window regulators, engine, exhaust system, and brakes. I'm too upset to write anymore because I'm going to be plunking down hundreds of dollars next week for the window regulators. I know so many people with Volkswagen horror stories.

torn between love and hate
By stace on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

as soon as i got into my cabrio, i fell in love with it. unfortunately that quickly ended when my fuel pump relay system went two weeks after i bought the car (34000 mi on car). soon after i found out that my windows weren't hitting the weather stripping, causing them to leak, which isn't covered under my 2yr factory warranty because it is an "adjustment." my front wheel tie rod went bad a few months ago, way before it should have. my window regulators are going bad as well. just yesterday my check engine light came on, so we'll see what kind of surprise i have in store next. it's impractical for me to have my car in the shop 1-2 times/month.

Not a bad car for the price
By Angelina75 on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

The Cabrio is one of the best deals you can get on a convertible. There are lots of things they could improve, but overall it's a pretty good car. It's very solid; you don't feel like you're driving a tin can down the road. You get an okay amount of power in the manual transmission version, though this car could NEVER be classified as sporty. You can also fit in any parking space that exists.

Awesome and Fun
By Chaofee on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

Great fun car to zip around town. Terrific VW stereo sounds with an easy to operate top! Car is solid for the price and drives like a German engineered car without the sticker shock!