Used 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cabrio model:

best car ever
By cabriogal71

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

I have had many cars, but my 2000 VW Cabrio is by far the best. I bought it new, in 2000, and it has over 120,000 miles on it. It still has a lot of get up and go. We have made sure it gets the suggested preventative maintenance when due. I hope to keep it forever.

Convertible, manual 5 speed, good stereo, sporty

The design causes a big blind spot, making it hard to see out back side windows when backing out of parking spaces. Could use more noise reduction in top.

AWESOME vehicle for price and safety.
By darwinsti69

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GL 2dr Convertible

The car is amazing, and as long as you keep all maintanance up, like all of us should, it will run forever!!! This was my dream car from 11th grade and I finally had a chance to get it and BAM!! Many hours of cruising at the beach, to Kentucy and on to Phillidelphia and back home to NC. Gas mileage was great! I would reccommend this vehicle over and over, just be aware, regular maintanence is important no matter what vehicle you own. You go to the Dr when you need a checkup, take your car regularly too:-)

EVERYTHING!!

Cutest Little Thing!
By lovemycabrio8

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible

Before I bought my 2000 Cabrio 4 years ago, I looked up consumer reviews and was horrified. Fortunately, I ignored the postings and went ahead and bought one. omg! The best thing I could have done! Not only do you get great gas mileage, it fits everywhere. The check engine light came on twice in 4 years and both times all I did was open the hood and take a look. The first time, a thick rubber tube got old and had a whole in it. Cost me $2.00 & 15 minutes to change. This last time, a small rubber tube disconnected. I put it in it's place, and 15 miles later, check engine light turned off. I'm a female musician, not a mechanic and I figured it out! Use common sense, and you will be just fine!

Gas Mileage, Size, Convertible!

The windows seem to have a mind of their own. Mechanics on the windows could be better.

Love it!!!
By lilauggie4

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible

I don't understand why people are writing such terrible reviews, you clearly didn't get the car checked before buying it. My 2000 Cabrio is a beautiful car. It runs well, looks nice, I haven't had any problems yet. And i've had it for 5 months. It has a little over 109k miles. You guys just need to take better care of your car!! (It's not a manual though, i'm confused why I can't choose automatic.)

How small it is! And the backseat is surprisingly roomy.

Maybe a little different window set up on the convertible top.

Vanessa
By sara

2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible

My dad bought me this car off of ebay my senior year of high school! I love it its has broke down a few times. The only real problems ive had is the abkc seat is really small. and my distributor cap and rotor died. The mass airflow thing has been a problem too. My automatic top stopped working due to the hydraulic pistions brekaing down. But its at 104,000 and still running beautifully. I absolutely love my car. and its fast and samll so you can fit into any pakring spot

size and convertible