1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Consumer Review: 1999 VW Cabrio

1999 Volkswagen Cabrio - Consumer Review

GL (1999.5) Convertible (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

1999 VW Cabrio
By Barbara on

1999 Volkswagen Cabrio GL 2dr Convertible (midyear)

I purchased my dream car - red '99 Cabrio in 1998 from a VW dealership. I am a very good driver of this (5- speed) beauty and it's been garaged for most of its life.The exterior and interior look almost brand new.I did have the power failure of the lights. However, VW said that my VIN did not match its recall list.Everything that was described in the recall happened to my car in 2007, causing a dangerous situation while on an Interstate.In 2007, the power boost on the passenger side for the convertible top failed. Today, the driver side failed. Each repair cost me $1,700. I wanted this car to last me forever!

Gas mileage, shape, color, 5-speed for power, reliability in snow, sleet, rain and over mountains, and, it's absolutely cute. Truckers talk to me!! Kids envy me!! I am 66!!

Stand behind the product. My convertible top problems are extremely unique according to the dealer.I take care of the car.VW should make good on these repairs.Cup holders have not changed in 10 years!!