just got it
By Mike on
1997 Volkswagen Cabrio Highline 2dr Convertible
Just got the Cabrio 97 convertable for the wife, at 125K miles, she loves it. I'm already doing work on it, and seen records of work from previous owner, which concerns me and the costs(online purchases are the way to go.) The side trims have come off, the cloth top is torn (heard the cloth is prone to that)..so got viynl online, which I heard takes awhile to install..10hours? For a 4 cylinder, it runs nice and tight. I'm getting around 30mpg, more than the 24 stated. I have to get used to the reverse being in the same spot as 1st. Nice seats, but have problems with the back seat folding down completely..would be better for a dog and storage. High dash with low front seats. Fun to drive!
Favorite Features
convertible, mpg, heated seats, nice leather seats, 6cd changer in trunk, engine so far, cables on battery easy to take on and off..seems more room to work on engine than my Honda, glass rear window, economical with a German engine
Suggested Improvements
cloth top better made? molding, Cabrio emblem not a cheap plastic, fold down flat back seat for more room?, stock cd stereo visual display more visible. Fuses for the radiator fan out of harms way..water in it when cleaning the engine, not so light leather seats for keeping clean look.