1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )
Mine has 250 HP
By swagenwagen on 07/20/14 01:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

I liked my Cabrio so much I dropped a 16V Turbo in it and doubled the power output of that silly 8V you guys are driving around hehehe Fun to drive with coilovers and poly everything

Love the car BUT . . .had some problems
By VW Girl on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have had my VW Cabrio for almost 5 years now. The top had a defect in it and started to rip, VW did not want to pay for this even though it was under warrenty. This car had quite a few problems. The car would brake and lock up. (stop short) VW looked at this problem, and couldn't find anything wrong till I told them now that they have documented this, it can be quite a law suite. (well that never happened again) The leather seats in the front started cracking, so I had to put seat covers on them. The engine light comes and when VW looks at it they never find the problem. The cruise control no longer works. The car revs up when you try to stop.

Practical and Fun
By buccaneer on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car since it was new. It has been a blast to drive and very economical. Very reliable and only minimal repair & maintenance costs. After almost 9 years, the body is still tight with a smooth ride (unlike many convertibles that turn into rattle traps when they get old). Totally fun car.

carnival ride on wheels
By raydebco on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

love this car, fun to drive, great milage, so far low maintenance, so fun to drive we put lot of miles just taking daily "roadtrips" for the fun of it. cruise all day with the top down

not too many in the midwest
By tribeca911 on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had it 1 1/2 years. one owner neighbor put less than 10k on a year. fun...until it started jumping. it never had a tune up till last week--- 85k!!! that says a lot. I have put 2 new mufflers on--- at least I had a warrenty. the tune up was 300 bucks, so please take care of your vw, cause those parts are expensive, and shame on my neighbor for not taking care of her..

What an awesome car!!!
By whit on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

I got this as my first car and it has over 200k and i have had no trouble whatsoever! it is extremely reliable and totally fun! It is such a sound car mechanically i would buy another one!

Nice and fun car, I like it.
By 8ballball on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is a used car but no problem at all. I like it in summer sunny time. It run slow in city but fast in highway. Buy it has some problems after 100,000kms. The light bolb is not good always and the parts is higher price than Japanese car. But VW still produce a good car.

what a letdown !
By bumblepatch on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

"shame on me" ! I ordered this car online ... ran the CARFAX (ccame out "clean"). What a beauty she was when she arived- just screamed FUN ! .... wrong answer ! Has been a true to life money pit ! We dropped about 1 K in it as soon as it arrived ( changing oil, hoses- you name it !). But had/still has electrical problems that baffle everyone !!! It's been a spooky, fun, totally un- predictable lil car to drive. After dumping over 2k in the car - we are now trying to sell it= gulllpppp.

Excellent Car
By usaf_xena on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had this car for the past 6.5 years and have had virtually no problems with it. I bring it in for regular maintenance and it has run wonderfully! I was even rear-ended twice in one week and the bumper withstood both accidents so there was no damage to the car frame. The 1995 does not have a glove compartment, which is a problem and the cup holders are only big enough to hold cans of soda. There is also no central door lock on the '95 Cabrio. These are my only complaints with the car.