Used 1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

Mine has 250 HP
By swagenwagen

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2dr Convertible

I liked my Cabrio so much I dropped a 16V Turbo in it and doubled the power output of that silly 8V you guys are driving around hehehe Fun to drive with coilovers and poly everything

Love the car BUT . . .had some problems
By VW Girl

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2dr Convertible

I have had my VW Cabrio for almost 5 years now. The top had a defect in it and started to rip, VW did not want to pay for this even though it was under warrenty. This car had quite a few problems. The car would brake and lock up. (stop short) VW looked at this problem, and couldn't find anything wrong till I told them now that they have documented this, it can be quite a law suite. (well that never happened again) The leather seats in the front started cracking, so I had to put seat covers on them. The engine light comes and when VW looks at it they never find the problem. The cruise control no longer works. The car revs up when you try to stop.

Convertable, solid car. Two roll cages. The interior light switch broke, the car lighter broke after installing a brand new one from VW, charging my cell phone seems to be blowing out the car lighter.

Better cup holders, electric convertable top, glove compartment, I mean I love this car and I take care of it, but seems like there is always a problem. Would I buy another VW . . .NO NO NO... I would go back to Honda.

Practical and Fun
By buccaneer

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2dr Convertible

I have owned this car since it was new. It has been a blast to drive and very economical. Very reliable and only minimal repair & maintenance costs. After almost 9 years, the body is still tight with a smooth ride (unlike many convertibles that turn into rattle traps when they get old). Totally fun car.

Tight 5-speed manual with good road feel - it has a real sports car feel. Also great stereo with impressive sound - designed for top-down driving.

Glove compartment and better cup holder design (both addressed in later models).

carnival ride on wheels
By raydebco

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2dr Convertible

love this car, fun to drive, great milage, so far low maintenance, so fun to drive we put lot of miles just taking daily "roadtrips" for the fun of it. cruise all day with the top down

conv. peppy for its size, handles great

more power

not too many in the midwest
By tribeca911

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2dr Convertible

I've had it 1 1/2 years. one owner neighbor put less than 10k on a year. fun...until it started jumping. it never had a tune up till last week--- 85k!!! that says a lot. I have put 2 new mufflers on--- at least I had a warrenty. the tune up was 300 bucks, so please take care of your vw, cause those parts are expensive, and shame on my neighbor for not taking care of her..

Hello---convertible!!!!

glove box,small cup holder---had a starbucks mishap on my lap cause cup would not fit.