2014 Volkswagen Beetle Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Volkswagen Beetle Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:

1st VW - 1st diesel
By marltonman

2014 Volkswagen Beetle Diesel 2.0L TDI 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I was looking for a 2 door hatchback on Edmonds.com and frankly, didn't know the Beetle was a hatchback. After reading the general reviews I concentrated on the TDI rather than the gas 2.0 Turbo as it requires premium gas. (I have a fairly long commute) I test drove the TDI as was totally impressed with the ride. This car is tight. My biggest concern was how the TDI would handle acceleration onto the interstate and passing at high speed.... Wow! This car can keep up with anything. The fit and finish is excellent and you can't beat the styling. I bought it on the spot. I've only had it a month but I can't say anything negative about it. It's a kick to drive.

Love the styling and ride. Can't beat the mpg.

The only thing I would have wanted to see on the car is a standard size sunroof. The panoramic sunroof just doesn't appeal to me. It would also be nice if the rear seats folded down flatter.

• Sedan