2012 Volkswagen Beetle: Road Trip Wrap-Up
December 07, 2012
After five days in the 2012 Volkswagen Beetle I've gotten to know it pretty well. Basically, I love the way it drives.
Here are a few specific pets and pet peeves to share.
Here's what I like:
- The looks, at least in black.
- The throaty baritone exhaust note.
- The look of the interior, except that the shiny black surfaces are dust magnets.
- The handling, though the suspension might be too firm for some.
- The fuel efficiency. I got about 33 mpg on the open road.
- Voice recognition dialing.
Here's what I don't like:
- The price: $28,265 is too much for this car. Maybe a four door GTI instead.
- Having to fill up with 91 octane.
- Poor rear visibility.
- Limited cargo space.
Philip Reed, Edmunds Senior Consumer Advice Editor @ 11,893 miles