7 months and window still not fixed
By anubis2012 on
2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I bought myself a new 2012 VW Beetle for Christmas on Christmas Eve 2011. Since day one the driver window will not function properly and close. Most times it starts up the reverses and goes back down even when you hold the button in the up position. 7 months later even today I was told VW is researching the problem with no fix yet. I just took a 2+ week trip to remote areas of CA, UT and NV. It was very annoying not to have functioning windows.
Favorite Features
Nice styling, Looks and constant compliments.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the window problems. It's not fair to charge me $388 a month on a lease for a non functional vehicle and tell me to judonnie use the windows for 7 months!
By jwbjeb1
on 10/15/12 06:04 AM (PDT)

I have 2012 Turbo Beetle,great car except same window problems as everybody else. Drivers side only and a real pain in the @##! Started from day one. My mistake was taking car for a test ride on the hottest day of the year and when they pulled car around the AC was going and it felt good. I know how windows work so I didn't try it,BIG MISTAKE. When I got car home I found out and I found out that once they get your money (payed in full) they (VW) don't want to now you. Called vw customer care and as of 10/11/12 they said they SHOULD be able to fix it. Called the dealer and they said they SHOULD be able to fix it. Before they said they didn't have a fix and now they say they should be able to fix it. Sounds like more VW b.s. I have no choice but to find out. I have less than 3000 miles on it and want it FIXED!!!

By beetlegirl60
on 07/27/12 04:45 AM (PDT)

Currently VW is trying to find another vendor for the motor to get a permanent fix. Try contacting customer care to see if they will compensate you for a few of your car payments or possibly replace your 2012 with a 2013. If VW of America won't help you and you are unhappy with the car and you have had three attempts to fix the problem, try going the lemon law route. It's frustrating to have a new car and have a problem that can't be fixed.

By lckp
on 08/11/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

I just brought my 2012 Beetle in today for it's first service. They (LA Downtown VW) already knew about the window issue and have a new motor in stock. I'm bringing it in during the week, and they are providing me a rental (for free) and fixing it. Your dealer should do the same, as it's under warantee.

By horsezens
on 07/24/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

I'm there with you on my red turbo bug. I've been told that motors have been replaced, as have circuitry. Apparently, the problem is in the auto-non-squishthehand when closing programming or chip. Still no more info and a pain.