2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great compromise Car

2012 Volkswagen Beetle - Consumer Review

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great compromise Car
By htree11 on

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Had this car 5 days will update later. 105 miles with approximately 5 gals used. I have been using it as a commuter car 20 miles average per day. 1/2 interstate the other Blvd/city driving. There is a driver side window issue. will not come up all the way all the time. It will work afar several attempts. Plan to take it back to the Dealer. Dealer was asked about the problem prior to purchased. However vaguely acknowledged it existed. The only problem...Yes. The 2.5L is a blast to drive good exceleration, large cabin for two, equipment works fine. I have bluetooth (easy to setup), iPod connectivity (works without instructions) and the radio sounds great (no Fender).

Favorite Features

The drive is excellent coming from a wonderful 2004 1.8 Audi Cabriolet turbo convertible. It is really fun and a handsome commuter car. I also like the cabin because it has plenty of leg and head room for my 6'0 medium large frame. It's a Guy car....

Suggested Improvements

The window and door closure design could use some more work and design. I believe they are using a defective motor in the driver side window. It seals after shutting. future problems with this for sure. My car doesn't have an autoshut for the lights. manual only.