Black Turbo Launch
By 2012beetle on
2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Black Turbo Launch Edition PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
My 2012 Beetle is a blast to drive. It feels great in the curves and shoots out of them with a force. It very comfortable and the arrangment inside makes since and everything is handy for use. BIG PROBLEM - The drivers door automatic window does not function correctly. From day one it does not close all the way and takes 5-6 attempts to get it to go all the way up. It has been rained in two times already because of this. I took it to the dealer and they say there is no problem and if there is it's because of the window tint. I explained it has had a problem since day one and that there are numerous complaints across the internet regarding the same problem.
Favorite Features
Nice stereo, mutli-color lights are cool.
Suggested Improvements
The dealer says VW would of put something out regarding this if there was a problem and to remove the tint to see if it goes away. I explained again that it has malfunctioned since day one and there are numerous complaints around the internet. He again told me VW would have put something out. VW PUT SOMETHING OUT SO US 2012 BEETLE OWNERS CAN GET OUR WINDOWS FIXED! Also, had a lighted speaker ring go out and the back hatch was making a loud noise with every little bump, the dealer addressed these. The outside gas door appears loose to the touch.
By lcoreyl
on 06/28/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

Wow, here we are 5 months later and what has changed? Now, VW is aware this is a problem, but their engineers can't figure out the problem (i.e. they can't figure out a cheap way to fix it). Dealer: "We could change the whole door and it will still happen. Just try not to use the windows, and if you have to and it gets stuck bring it in and give us about an hour to get it back up." Also, VW admits to knowing of a windshield problem that causes it to crack near the rearview mirror... but we have to wait awhile, because they only make them in Germany right now. I highly recommend this vehicle--AFTER they sort out these problems.

By lcoreyl
on 06/28/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

By bentivengo
on 01/09/12 17:46 PM (PST)

I HAVE HAD THE 2012 BEETLE FOR A MONTH AND ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR THREE WEEKS DO TO THE DRIVER SIDE WINDOW NOT SEALING PROPERLY. JUST GOT IT BACK TODAY AND THE WINDOW APPEARS TIGHTER HOWEVER THERE IS STILL A LOT OF ROAD NOISE. IT LOOKS LIKE THE WINDOW NOW IS STICKING OUT / NOT FLUSH WITH THE FIXED WINDOW. THEY ALSO REPLACED THE WINDOW MOTORS BECAUSE THE AUTOMATIC WINDOWS HAD A MIND OF THEIR OWN.

By vetteviper
on 07/24/12 20:01 PM (PDT)

I am already having the same issues on a 1 week old beetle and it is both windows that act crazy!!!! I plan to call our dealership tomorrow and see what they have to say. VW NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!

By omar13
on 01/30/12 09:40 AM (PST)

My Beetle 2012 has the same problem. VW already changed the electric window engine but it has repeat the problem again.