2012 Volkswagen Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:
Don't buy one.
By bob491 on 06/10/12 16:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Turbo 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Sound, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Purchased a new 2012 Turbo Beetle 3 months ago. Although the car is a blast to drive, I have been experiencing problems with the drivers and passenger windows. They go down fine but stop and go when you close them. The car has been in three times so far for the same repair and I am doubtful that VW will ever be able to correct the problem. Since the dealership has been working on the problem, I now have wind noise and other issues with the windows that I did not have before. My intent is to force them to take the car back since the car and many others like it share the same problem.

GREAT!
By buggin on 05/27/12 05:49 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Sound, Navigation (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Very nice VW, handles well, plenty of room, plenty of horses, decent fuel, Fender stereo.....like no other, panoramic moonroof lets the sun in and no heat, very comfy for my 1:45 commute. Tons of trunk space. We have had Audi, Volvo, etc, this is our favorite.

Great compromise Car
By htree11 on 03/20/12 15:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Had this car 5 days will update later. 105 miles with approximately 5 gals used. I have been using it as a commuter car 20 miles average per day. 1/2 interstate the other Blvd/city driving. There is a driver side window issue. will not come up all the way all the time. It will work afar several attempts. Plan to take it back to the Dealer. Dealer was asked about the problem prior to purchased. However vaguely acknowledged it existed. The only problem...Yes. The 2.5L is a blast to drive good exceleration, large cabin for two, equipment works fine. I have bluetooth (easy to setup), iPod connectivity (works without instructions) and the radio sounds great (no Fender).

Black Turbo Launch
By 2012beetle on 12/27/11 15:32 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Black Turbo Launch Edition PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My 2012 Beetle is a blast to drive. It feels great in the curves and shoots out of them with a force. It very comfortable and the arrangment inside makes since and everything is handy for use. BIG PROBLEM - The drivers door automatic window does not function correctly. From day one it does not close all the way and takes 5-6 attempts to get it to go all the way up. It has been rained in two times already because of this. I took it to the dealer and they say there is no problem and if there is it's because of the window tint. I explained it has had a problem since day one and that there are numerous complaints across the internet regarding the same problem.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen Beetle in VA is:

$140 per month*