Used 2012 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Beetle - Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Beetle

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:

"FUN"
By jmf80

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Turbo PZEV 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Sound, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought a used Beetle turbo with 1800 miles on it, couldn't believe I got for the price I paid.
I have 3 73 Super Beetles and a 68 Beetle, and also had a 98 New Beetle. This 2012 is what it should be 40 years later.
Had a Passat and missed the 2.0 Turbo and the way the seats fit me. This beetle is the same could drive for hours without fatigue. The gas miles are 32 to 34 MPG highway so far with just about 3400 miles. The Nav, Roof, push button start, leather, and Fender Stereo are awesome. The lighting at night is too cool.
The kind of car you drive around the block just one more time before you want to park it. Led Zeppelin on the fender is well words can't explain it.

All of them

None

VW Knew about the Window problems
By bink11

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Sound, Navigation (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

VW knew about the window problems, because the Convertible Bug had been plagued with them the entire run of the line.

I traded in my 2004 Convertible Beetle for the new one because it seemed like the only way to fix the window problem once and for all.
Now, here I am day one and I don't have my new car because it is back at the Dealership being "fixed".

I'm lucky apparently because the Dealership I use has a great staff who really do their best to solve problems, but when the problem is the manufacturer... All I can say is avoid VW's.
If anyone stops to ask me about the car, it isn't going to go well for the company.

I get to visit the Dealership very often, and I get to drive loads of loaners.

Fix the windows. It seems pretty easy to do, just accept that you will have to spend more than $2.75 for some better quality parts in the door.

Exploding Glass!!
By jeffjj7

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We've had our new VW Bug for about 8 weeks. Made one payment on it. Wish we knew about the window issue prior to purchase! 2 weeks ago traveling at 50mph the driver side window literally EXPLODED... yes I said exploded... sounded like a collision. Called the police as I thought someone may have thrown something that hit the window. Not so. Took to dealer where they prepared to fix the prob only to find that they called people in from Detroit Corperate to have a look see... the next day! Picture and all in hand the fix procedure was on only to find out the glass was backordered. Couple this with rude no-customer service and no reselution my next stop is the AG in the great stae of GA.

Fix the window problem!!!!

Great so far, but for the windows
By charmcity22

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just bought the 2012 Beetle on Saturday. Got a good price, and loved the style and feel of the car over the Golf I was originally thinking about getting.
Like most of the others, I have the window issue where it is a pain to get them back up. At first I thought it was some kind of special feature I couldn't figure out, but after poking around a bit it seems I'm in good company.
Hopefully, with enough pressure they will speed up a fix.

The windows.

Power Windows need Prozac!!
By vetteviper

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Turbo PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had the car 1 week and noticed the windows have a mind of their own in terms of rolling up.
It stops halfway up and then lowers to where you see about an inch of the glass and after several attempts, we get it back up.
At one time it was all the way down and would do nothing when we pulled up on switch, just sat there. Both windows behave this way. I will be calling my dealership in the morning but almost afraid of what they tell me after reading about all the problems with out any solutions that worked.

Nice layout, stereo, leg room. Very easy to shift gears.

Definitely the windows and an armrest/console between driver and passenger would be nice!!