Used 2012 Volkswagen Beetle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:

Just junk.
By Rachel Tolar-Nixon

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car has had many problems. Windows have mind of there own.You want them up the car wants them down. Had to go back to dealer many times to get if fixed. The a/c does not blow cool just cool. Dealer never fixed call VW and of course no help there. Guess VW just can't build a car with good a/c. Speakers and the tray in the hatch had to be replaced after they fell apart. The foam in the seats has been falling out since the car was new. We told them under warranty but of course you guessed it never replaced and again no help from the manufacturer. If you take the back seat out you can see where the floor of the car has burned the foam in the back seat. The car now needs a fuel pump at 800

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy one they are absolute junk.

"FUN"
By jmf80

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Turbo PZEV 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Sound, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought a used Beetle turbo with 1800 miles on it, couldn't believe I got for the price I paid. I have 3 73 Super Beetles and a 68 Beetle, and also had a 98 New Beetle. This 2012 is what it should be 40 years later. Had a Passat and missed the 2.0 Turbo and the way the seats fit me. This beetle is the same could drive for hours without fatigue. The gas miles are 32 to 34 MPG highway so far with just about 3400 miles. The Nav, Roof, push button start, leather, and Fender Stereo are awesome. The lighting at night is too cool. The kind of car you drive around the block just one more time before you want to park it. Led Zeppelin on the fender is well words can't explain it.

Favorite Features

All of them

Suggested Improvements

None

VW Knew about the Window problems
By bink11

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L PZEV 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof, Sound, Navigation (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

VW knew about the window problems, because the Convertible Bug had been plagued with them the entire run of the line. I traded in my 2004 Convertible Beetle for the new one because it seemed like the only way to fix the window problem once and for all. Now, here I am day one and I don't have my new car because it is back at the Dealership being "fixed". I'm lucky apparently because the Dealership I use has a great staff who really do their best to solve problems, but when the problem is the manufacturer... All I can say is avoid VW's. If anyone stops to ask me about the car, it isn't going to go well for the company.

Favorite Features

I get to visit the Dealership very often, and I get to drive loads of loaners.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the windows. It seems pretty easy to do, just accept that you will have to spend more than $2.75 for some better quality parts in the door.

Exploding Glass!!
By jeffjj7

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L 2dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We've had our new VW Bug for about 8 weeks. Made one payment on it. Wish we knew about the window issue prior to purchase! 2 weeks ago traveling at 50mph the driver side window literally EXPLODED... yes I said exploded... sounded like a collision. Called the police as I thought someone may have thrown something that hit the window. Not so. Took to dealer where they prepared to fix the prob only to find that they called people in from Detroit Corperate to have a look see... the next day! Picture and all in hand the fix procedure was on only to find out the glass was backordered. Couple this with rude no-customer service and no reselution my next stop is the AG in the great stae of GA.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the window problem!!!!

Great so far, but for the windows
By charmcity22

2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just bought the 2012 Beetle on Saturday. Got a good price, and loved the style and feel of the car over the Golf I was originally thinking about getting. Like most of the others, I have the window issue where it is a pain to get them back up. At first I thought it was some kind of special feature I couldn't figure out, but after poking around a bit it seems I'm in good company. Hopefully, with enough pressure they will speed up a fix.

Suggested Improvements

The windows.