Used 2012 Volkswagen Beetle 2.0T Black Turbo Launch Edition PZEV Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Beetle - Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:

Black Turbo Launch
By 2012beetle

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 2.0T Black Turbo Launch Edition PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My 2012 Beetle is a blast to drive. It feels great in the curves and shoots out of them with a force. It very comfortable and the arrangment inside makes since and everything is handy for use. BIG PROBLEM - The drivers door automatic window does not function correctly. From day one it does not close all the way and takes 5-6 attempts to get it to go all the way up. It has been rained in two times already because of this. I took it to the dealer and they say there is no problem and if there is it's because of the window tint. I explained it has had a problem since day one and that there are numerous complaints across the internet regarding the same problem.

Favorite Features

Nice stereo, mutli-color lights are cool.

Suggested Improvements

The dealer says VW would of put something out regarding this if there was a problem and to remove the tint to see if it goes away. I explained again that it has malfunctioned since day one and there are numerous complaints around the internet. He again told me VW would have put something out. VW PUT SOMETHING OUT SO US 2012 BEETLE OWNERS CAN GET OUR WINDOWS FIXED! Also, had a lighted speaker ring go out and the back hatch was making a loud noise with every little bump, the dealer addressed these. The outside gas door appears loose to the touch.