Used 2012 Volkswagen Beetle Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Beetle model:

Great so far, but for the windows
By charmcity22

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just bought the 2012 Beetle on Saturday. Got a good price, and loved the style and feel of the car over the Golf I was originally thinking about getting.
Like most of the others, I have the window issue where it is a pain to get them back up. At first I thought it was some kind of special feature I couldn't figure out, but after poking around a bit it seems I'm in good company.
Hopefully, with enough pressure they will speed up a fix.

The windows.

Love This Car - Hate The Damn Windows
By nola58

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I am a three time bug owner starting with a type 1 "66.
The VW bug has been well built (generally) and I have liked the philosophy of the design through the decades.
They were originally built for function and became iconic and fun in simplicity.

This is my first car with bluetooth and I dig using it to play music through my phone. The base 2.5 could get better mileage, but it runs very, very smooth and I get the impression it will be durable through the years. I know VW and Audi have been using this powerplant for years.

Please fix my crazy windows. Just like Herbie, the windows will reverse course and stop. I've brought it in twice. The service dept. has good guys who tried to replace the motors, but VW has yet to figure the problem and tell me they will try a new software update in a couple of weeks. If I had my choice, I would have preferred manual window cranks (even though they fell off the type 1 I could easily replace them)