wife's beetle
By derekleeo on
2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible TDI 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
My wife always wanted a convertible and this was the perfect choice. I convinced her to drive the tdi and she loves it. We do a lot of mixed driving, from sitting in line to pick up the kids(a lot of idle time) to highway trips @ 75mph. I track the mileage on fuelly, and after 6 months and just under 5500 miles, the average is 31.3. I do trips @ 55mph with the cruise set and it's over 50mpg. This thing can move, too. It has a lot of low end torque. The only problem we've had is squeeky brakes. If you are moving slow and ease into the brakes(stop and go) they squeak. VW won't fix it, saying it's normal. No it's not, so we have a battle I guess.
Favorite Features
Mpg, torque, and the look. My wife comes home every other day saying "someone told me they love my car again." The tail end looks like a porche. I have a 2014 Silverado and love taking her car places. I like this car more every time I drive it. The car just has a good, solid, tight feel to it.
Suggested Improvements
Auto headlights rear camera. sounds funny on a small car, but with top up, has poor visibility and a tiny mirror. Brakes that don't squeak and customer service reps that don't look you in the eye and tell you brakes are supposed to squeak.
By sadvwowner
on 06/22/14 04:48 AM (PDT)

My vw dream has turned into a vw nightmare! 1 year, 7000 miles on my vw beetle convertible lease my car looses power WHILE driving! Dealer and vw can't figure out the problem. Plus, cause I'm 1 year in I'm upside down on my lease.Joe Machins vw in Columbia, MO told me to either leave with the beetle (that their GM said he would never drive and he knew he couldn't put it back on the lot cause it was "unsafe") or buy a way more expensive car to cut my negativity equity!!! I just want a car that works! My vw dream car has turned into a nightmare and probably attorneys and a long battle for simply a safe car!