Wow! Great convertible! I'm glad I took a test drive!
By minivandad1973 on
2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible w/Sound (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I had no expectations going into the VW dealership. After driving a Mini Cooper S convertible for seven years I didn't think I would be impressed with the new Turbo Beetle convertible. Wow! I was surprised... Great acceleration, incredible comfort for four adults and superb sound was what I needed to move me out of my Mini into a car that could comfortably accommodate my family. My day starts with a big smile getting into my car. Having driven many different convertibles I can say their are none at this price point that offer the level of performance and space found in the new Turbo Beetle. My entire family loves this car!
Favorite Features
The upgraded Fender audio system is amazing!!! With the top down and radio playing l smile all the way to and from work! The top goes up and down very fast. I am very impressed how quiet the cabin is when the top is up. This VW Turbo Beetle is an impressive ride!
Suggested Improvements
I have two wishes: 1. Rear radar backup warning and/or backup camera. It can be a little challenging backing up if you are accustomed to this technology. 2. Upgraded electronic / digital climate control.... I like seeing the temperature... however, there is nothing wrong with the current system... just a preference....