A nice but poorly built car
By matt8266 on
2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible TDI 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Bought my 2013, TDI ragtop in April and it is a hoot to drive. The problem is, the service department has it more than I do. Wind noise from top, door dent by dealer, interior lighting issue, passenger window regulator issue, driver's door pinch point issue that required an external body shop to remove and reinstall the door! ~ 5 or 6 trips to service with now over 30 days. I'm contacting a lemon law attorney as it is only 6 months and 7K miles old. While it is fun to drive, the fit and window, seals and electronic controls for same are 3rd. world. Read and study before you buy. Volkswagen not helping me at all while the dealer has done his best.
Favorite Features
The interior design is outstanding. Handling outstanding. I highly recommend the TDI engine if it was in someone else's chassis.
Suggested Improvements
Drive and test sometime after you build it VW. Window issues for years? ... Wind noise in all convertibles ( per my dealer ) that sounds like a truck? ... Do your DD and fix problems the first time and well. Also, when your customers get a super-lemon, don't attempt to blow them off. Accept your responsibility as a supposed world class manufacturer.
By sadvwowner
on 06/22/14 04:50 AM (PDT)

My vw dream has turned into a vw nightmare! 1 year, 7000 miles on my vw beetle convertible lease my car looses power WHILE driving! Dealer and vw can't figure out the problem. Plus cause I'm 1 year in I'm upside down on my lease.Joe Machins vw in Columbia, MO told me to either leave with the beetle (that their GM said he would never drive and he knew he couldn't put it back on the lot cause it was "unsafe") or buy a way more expensive car to cut my negativity equity!!! I just want a car that works! My vw dream car has turned into a nightmare and probably attorneys and a long battle for simply a safe car!