Used 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle Convertible model:

wife's beetle
By derekleeo

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Diesel TDI 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

My wife always wanted a convertible and this was the perfect choice. I convinced her to drive the tdi and she loves it. We do a lot of mixed driving, from sitting in line to pick up the kids(a lot of idle time) to highway trips @ 75mph. I track the mileage on fuelly, and after 6 months and just under 5500 miles, the average is 31.3. I do trips @ 55mph with the cruise set and it's over 50mpg. This thing can move, too. It has a lot of low end torque. The only problem we've had is squeeky brakes. If you are moving slow and ease into the brakes(stop and go) they squeak. VW won't fix it, saying it's normal. No it's not, so we have a battle I guess.

Mpg, torque, and the look. My wife comes home every other day saying "someone told me they love my car again." The tail end looks like a porche. I have a 2014 Silverado and love taking her car places. I like this car more every time I drive it. The car just has a good, solid, tight feel to it.

Auto headlights rear camera. sounds funny on a small car, but with top up, has poor visibility and a tiny mirror. Brakes that don't squeak and customer service reps that don't look you in the eye and tell you brakes are supposed to squeak.

A nice but poorly built car
By matt8266

Bought my 2013, TDI ragtop in April and it is a hoot to drive. The problem is, the service department has it more than I do. Wind noise from top, door dent by dealer, interior lighting issue, passenger window regulator issue, driver's door pinch point issue that required an external body shop to remove and reinstall the door! ~ 5 or 6 trips to service with now over 30 days. I'm contacting a lemon law attorney as it is only 6 months and 7K miles old. While it is fun to drive, the fit and window, seals and electronic controls for same are 3rd. world. Read and study before you buy. Volkswagen not helping me at all while the dealer has done his best.

The interior design is outstanding. Handling outstanding. I highly recommend the TDI engine if it was in someone else's chassis.

Drive and test sometime after you build it VW. Window issues for years? ... Wind noise in all convertibles ( per my dealer ) that sounds like a truck? ... Do your DD and fix problems the first time and well. Also, when your customers get a super-lemon, don't attempt to blow them off. Accept your responsibility as a supposed world class manufacturer.