Used 2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Beetle Convertible model:

German Tecnology at its Best
By Irv Crump

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

It is not a car for everyone. It's a car that the younger generation will fall in love with just like in the 60's. It's is somewhat of a culture in itself. I get more looks from my fellow drivers than most other cars on the road. VW has kept this car true to original design with many creature features that put a smile on your face from the first day you drive the new Beetle. It is priced well with few opitons and many includes. This car was garaged and not driven for the first year and has been garaged since owned.

Great little car
By Mo yousuf

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Turbo PZEV 2dr Convertible w/Prod. End 5/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Gas is premium which one should get 28 city 34 highway. Road noise is as good as hard top. It can get pricy once you start adding options.

Cute car, but not the best quality
By d_vegas

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought my VW Convertible new and have owned it a year now. Have had multiple window issues (motors and seals) and also a tire issue (one bad tire). VW needs to install better quality parts that do not break as easily, because going back and forth with the dealer is not only time consuming, but also frustrating for everyone involved. My car originally had Continental tires, which were so so, but one tire was bad and took a while to diagnose through a road force balance. The faulty tire was subsequently replaced, but I recently decided to just buy Michelin's and not have to worry about anymore future problems. Now after multiple balancing and alignments, it drives much better.

The car is very cute; I get lots of compliments. It is so fun to drive on regular surface roads. The freeway here is kind of bumpy, and since the car is so low, it isn't the most comfortable freeway ride. The interior colors and lights match the outside color of the car and makes it feel custom. The bluetooth on the radio is great; I hookup Pandora through my phone and listen to that often. The bluetooth also has a hands free cell phone feature, so when I get a call, it comes in over the radio and I just press the phone button to begin and end the call. Convertible top opens and closes smoothly; fairly quiet interior. Ok trunk and backseat for storage. Metal protective plate underneath.

Better tires; Continentals do not ride smoothly. Actual leather seats; leatherette is the standard (which is more like vinyl). Seat tilting would be nice. Better quality window motors and seals. Armrest in the base model. The interior finishes scratch easily, and could be made more substantially. Hubcaps are cheap; should be allow wheels.

Wow! Great convertible! I'm glad I took a test drive!
By minivandad1973

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible Turbo 2dr Convertible w/Sound (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I had no expectations going into the VW dealership. After driving a Mini Cooper S convertible for seven years I didn't think I would be impressed with the new Turbo Beetle convertible. Wow! I was surprised... Great acceleration, incredible comfort for four adults and superb sound was what I needed to move me out of my Mini into a car that could comfortably accommodate my family. My day starts with a big smile getting into my car. Having driven many different convertibles I can say their are none at this price point that offer the level of performance and space found in the new Turbo Beetle. My entire family loves this car!

The upgraded Fender audio system is amazing!!! With the top down and radio playing l smile all the way to and from work! The top goes up and down very fast. I am very impressed how quiet the cabin is when the top is up. This VW Turbo Beetle is an impressive ride!

I have two wishes: 1. Rear radar backup warning and/or backup camera. It can be a little challenging backing up if you are accustomed to this technology. 2. Upgraded electronic / digital climate control.... I like seeing the temperature... however, there is nothing wrong with the current system... just a preference....

• SUV