So far I like it alot!
By toyotafan6 on
2012 Toyota Yaris L 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've only had my new 2012 Yaris 3 DR LE a couple of weeks but so far I am impressed. Has good visibility: sits a little higher than my 2001 Corolla LE - gas mileage pretty good, according to the display I'm averaging 33 mpg, all city driving...Driver's seat very comfortable. I love the design of the dashboard/controls, all easy to reach and good-sized control knobs. The two-tone dash (black and soft grey) looks expensive and instead of being perfectly smooth it has a little bit of texture to it. Mine is the Wave Line Pearl color, a light blue. Tire are pretty good quality, Goodyear Assurance. I haven't sat in the rear yet but it looks to be fairly roomy. Handling is good.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage. Styling - both exterior and interior. Visibility. Seat comfort. Radio controls on the left side of steering wheel. Controls are trimmed in chrome.
Suggested Improvements
The LE does not have a tachometer, not sure I really need one, just not used to not having one. Not crazy about the zig-zag shift lever (more of a stair-step) but I'm getting used to it. The shift lever knob could be larger.
By toyotafan6
on 05/05/12 09:12 AM (PDT)

Update: The gas mileage has improved, last tank I got 38.1 mpg per my calculator, have about 2,650 on odometer...A/C is ice cold!