My 1st Toyota
By rjyaris on
2012 Toyota Yaris LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
After 12 years i have left ford and selected a Toyota Yaris. I test drove the fiesta and loved it but after researching and hearing possible problems with their new transmissions and the price of the car i decided to look at the kia soul which i really liked, but then i researched them and found it was a nightmare with customer neglect and warranty drama. So i researched the Yaris and found mostly positive information. I read and watched every review on youtube so i decided to test drive it and fell in love. Yes it's not a ford mustang but the engine in that car speeds like you cant imagine on the freeway. The ride is super soft and coming from ford thats a gift from god. so i bought it!
Favorite Features
Not everyone is like me but if you can adjust to a smaller car as i did you will love it. The gas mileage destroys my 2003 ford focus. I find it very comfortable, it has adjustable seats and tilt wheel, no telescopic. I had to lower the heat as it works incredible. The paint job metallic gray is beautiful, the view out is immense as it feels like a much larger car. The single wiper works incredible and is intermittent. The lights are bright. The blue tooth feels like the person is sitting next to you. The radio is awesome, clear and loud. I sat 3 others in the car and they were all over 6 feet and 200lbs, no complaints. The back seat had decent room for them.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see navigation, tilt wheel and a center console. In my decision making i was willing to do with out these for good gas mileage and good reliability. It's a subcompact car, it's not meant to be a Lexus but in my taste its great value, good comfort and just a well done vehicle. The plastics are not as luxury would find in a lexus but it more than meets my needs in looks and appearance. I love it!
By mellojenni
on 04/09/14 06:35 AM (PDT)

Hello! I bought a 2013 Ford Fiesta in August 2013 Long story really short, my car is in the shop having the clutch replaced and it only has 15,600 miles on it. I'm currently looking at a Yaris. You were smart not to get a Fiesta. Even though I loved it, the transmission, I hated!