2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Avoid stick shift with size 12 shoes
By 5cylvw on 12/18/12 09:51 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback L 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you rest your shoe on the L model's dead pedal, it constantly gets caught under the clutch pedal, and you end up having to hover that foot above the clutch when you anticipate a gear change soon. The gear shift feels very crude and notchy. Stick shift does yield more zoom-zoom over automatic, but the LE model with automatic shift and more creature comforts - such as power windows - will make your drive more enjoyable. I had an LE model in 2006 which easily survived being T-boned in the driver door by pickup truck, and I traded it for a VW Rabbit. My 2012 L stick easily yielded 32 mpg in short city drives, but after 5 months I'm dumping it for a great Mazda3 iTouring hatch.

I do not recommend the Yaris. Buy a 9th gen. Corolla instead.
By caro2012 on 10/16/12 23:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2012 Yaris almost one year and I regret having bought it. The only good thing I can say about it is the gas mileage (I average 33.5). The construction is shoddy. The front bumper is barely held onto the frame. There is no foam under the rear bumper. The front wheel wells are made of the thinnest, cheapest plastic I've ever seen used in this manner on a car. The car lacks sound dampening and the noise intrusion into the cabin at highway speeds is deafening. Not even the cheap stock stereo can drown out the noise. The steering wheel does not telescope, leading to a very uncomfortable seating position. Buy a 9th generation Corolla instead. Much better quality. Same MPG.

My 1st Toyota
By rjyaris on 10/12/12 23:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 12 years i have left ford and selected a Toyota Yaris. I test drove the fiesta and loved it but after researching and hearing possible problems with their new transmissions and the price of the car i decided to look at the kia soul which i really liked, but then i researched them and found it was a nightmare with customer neglect and warranty drama. So i researched the Yaris and found mostly positive information. I read and watched every review on youtube so i decided to test drive it and fell in love. Yes it's not a ford mustang but the engine in that car speeds like you cant imagine on the freeway. The ride is super soft and coming from ford thats a gift from god. so i bought it!

This car is awsome!
By lens27 on 07/16/12 10:35 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have this car now for about a few weeks and love every ride out of it. Very impressed with its slick performance and styling. I did not expect much cargo space for it's segment, but can easily fit my weekly grocery and then some. Lots of leg room and convenient interior design. Reduced my stops at the gas station. It could use a center storage and an arm rest.

I love my 2012 Yaris LE 2 door
By binki1 on 07/10/12 11:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I didn't like my 2010 Honda Fit 4 door because I felt crunched in the drivers side and looked at the 2012 Yaris and knew it was for me. I had a previous 2008 Toyota Yaris ( basic) traded it in for a 2010 Honda and now realized that I should have kept my old Honda fit, but realized that I have a great 2012 Toyota Yaris, which I will keep for many years.

Good ECONOMIC car
By thatdude2 on 05/14/12 10:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Good car economical. It could use a middle consold but overall exellent reliable keeping the Toyota high standarts.

So far I like it alot!
By toyotafan6 on 02/12/12 15:56 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback LE 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my new 2012 Yaris 3 DR LE a couple of weeks but so far I am impressed. Has good visibility: sits a little higher than my 2001 Corolla LE - gas mileage pretty good, according to the display I'm averaging 33 mpg, all city driving...Driver's seat very comfortable. I love the design of the dashboard/controls, all easy to reach and good-sized control knobs. The two-tone dash (black and soft grey) looks expensive and instead of being perfectly smooth it has a little bit of texture to it. Mine is the Wave Line Pearl color, a light blue. Tire are pretty good quality, Goodyear Assurance. I haven't sat in the rear yet but it looks to be fairly roomy. Handling is good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Yaris Hatchback in WA is:

$178 per month*