Used 2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

2007, 08, 09 and 2010 40K service miles review
By girlcarbuilder

2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last review written was on a 2011 yaris hatchback, meant a 2010 at 20K service miles. Any way, the fleet has grown and I drive them all and service them as well. At this point, the reviews are in respect to maintenance needs. All units are at or about 40K miles now and everything is holding up well with just oil changes, air filter changes, tire rotations. The 07 is a recent auction purchase. It needed new tires. It is also undergoing rebuilding from an accident. So, if you are looking for something reliable, this car is doing it. Another interesting observation is how the front end is bolt on/off components. But if you take a hit above or below that bumper bar, bad news for damage.

Favorite Features

Ease of serviceability. Easy to work on once you know the tricks!

Suggested Improvements

OEM horn lacks noise ability. Added another system with relay to wake up cell phone users who do not pay attention!

Love my 1st Toyota
By tincup23

2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2011 4dr hatch back since mid July 2011 had 20miles on it when i got it. I will say with out a doubt the best car i owned in 24 yrs. I travel to work 1 way 35 miles and the mpg on this car does what it says, meaning i pay no more then 7$ a day round trip. I`m 6`6 235 yes it`s a clown car for me :) BUT this car works exactly what iu wanted MPG!!! period... O btw this is my FIRST "non-american" car and IF Toyota and their warranty hold hold it wont be my last.. Toyota baby wow i`m impressed

Favorite Features

MPG, Multi compartments

Suggested Improvements

The seats need more cusion

My 2011 Yaris
By mark_s3

2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car a few weeks ago (53 miles) and I have to say this is a cool little car! I got 40 MPG on the highway (top speed 60MPH non interstate roadways) and 36MPG on the Interstate (Top speed 70MPH). Comfort? Not sure why Edmunds said what they said about the car, but I find it quite comfortable to operate. The car seems higher off the road, more visibility out the front. I have not yet ran into any of the issues the other reviewer has, but it's good to kmow about the air filter. Am now using it in consert with my ZX2 (using it every other week).

Favorite Features

Power Windows, Aux input for my XM Radio (wasn't spending $600.00 for XM when I could get a radio at a retail store and activate it too for $70 total) Power locks, Keyless Entry, Power side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Make satellite radio standard (with or without subscription).

20K service miles review
By girlcarbuilder

2011 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We usually buy 3 dr hatchbacks and use as two seaters with a lot of storage/cargo room. Even with the back seats down this model compared to older hatchback designs like the 89 Mazda 323 or the 86 Toyota Tercel lacks such in room. On the other hand, the driveline punchs quite a punch in power compared to the older models. We have pushed up the gas mileage to 40 mpg so far by reverting back to 14 inch rims with 175/70r14's by toyo. The OEM bridgestones drifted too much, but the toyo's glued it to the road and bumped the gas another 3mpg's! Make sure you install an air filter in the a/c system. For some reason the car does not come with one from the factory. We also added body side molding.

Favorite Features

The number one reason we bought Toyota.....20K miles, no problem! Just oil changes and a nail in a tire! I fix my own, but hate to work on them! Front bumper cover is inexpensive in the aftermarket! Love the maintenance reminder light....change the oil dear! Follow my reports on this car in the forums, handle is girlcarbuilder.

Suggested Improvements

Strongly recommend Body side molding for impact protection. Bit tricky to install on this body design, but I did it! Flat fitting folding rear seats that sit flat when lowered. Rear head rests block and add to blind spots. I remove them when no passegers are back there. The tire Pressure Monitoring system is too expensive for someone who checks their tires! I refuse to maintain it! All season floor mats that hold water from getting onto floor causing mold smell. All of these headaches have been resolved with aftermarket equipment except the rear seat problem.