Used 2011 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

weird smell
By giulia2

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Interior smell is awful! People say that it is mold issue but it is not! It seems that dashboard, rubbers, etc. made of crappy materials and driver undergoes chemicals exposure. We bought this car in Toyota Ancaster Canada dealership and paid all together CA 22K . We hoped that that smell will be gone in awhile but it is not! When it's hot outside the cabin smells like hell. Another issue is the radio. The audio system is just horrible! Never buy this car , folks, even it's a fuel efficient car. In a long term you may get seriously sick.

2007, 08, 09 and 2010 40K service miles review
By girlcarbuilder

2011 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last review written was on a 2011 yaris hatchback, meant a 2010 at 20K service miles. Any way, the fleet has grown and I drive them all and service them as well. At this point, the reviews are in respect to maintenance needs. All units are at or about 40K miles now and everything is holding up well with just oil changes, air filter changes, tire rotations. The 07 is a recent auction purchase. It needed new tires. It is also undergoing rebuilding from an accident. So, if you are looking for something reliable, this car is doing it. Another interesting observation is how the front end is bolt on/off components. But if you take a hit above or below that bumper bar, bad news for damage.

Ease of serviceability. Easy to work on once you know the tricks!

OEM horn lacks noise ability. Added another system with relay to wake up cell phone users who do not pay attention!

Love my 1st Toyota
By tincup23

2011 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2011 4dr hatch back since mid July 2011 had 20miles on it when i got it. I will say with out a doubt the best car i owned in 24 yrs. I travel to work 1 way 35 miles and the mpg on this car does what it says, meaning i pay no more then 7$ a day round trip. I`m 6`6 235 yes it`s a clown car for me :) BUT this car works exactly what iu wanted MPG!!! period... O btw this is my FIRST "non-american" car and IF Toyota and their warranty hold hold it wont be my last.. Toyota baby wow i`m impressed

MPG, Multi compartments

The seats need more cusion

My 2011 Yaris
By mark_s3

2011 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car a few weeks ago (53 miles) and I have to say this is a cool little car! I got 40 MPG on the highway (top speed 60MPH non interstate roadways) and 36MPG on the Interstate (Top speed 70MPH). Comfort? Not sure why Edmunds said what they said about the car, but I find it quite comfortable to operate. The car seems higher off the road, more visibility out the front. I have not yet ran into any of the issues the other reviewer has, but it's good to kmow about the air filter. Am now using it in consert with my ZX2 (using it every other week).

Power Windows, Aux input for my XM Radio (wasn't spending $600.00 for XM when I could get a radio at a retail store and activate it too for $70 total) Power locks, Keyless Entry, Power side mirrors.

Make satellite radio standard (with or without subscription).

2009 Sedan automatic
By dadinfo

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We have had this car for 2 years now the only thing I do not like is the Hard dash the layout is great once you get used to the cluster position

35-40 Mpg !!!!!!!!!