Used 2011 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

my little car
By Katie Burt

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

pros:
·this car gets amazingly great gas mileage.
·I've had it for over two years, bought it at 40,000 miles, put another 100,000 miles on it and still drives like new.
·it is easy to clean. I found the right weather tech floor mats for the front and back seat floors to help keep it cleaner
·she spins on a dime
·drives well at high speeds, rain and snow. Took her over the mountains. had to drive in 16 inches of snow only driven through by one other car. she made it. drove uphill 1/4 mile in slightly used severe snow road. 2-5 miles an hr with chains. made it all the way without stopping.
·has a timing chain so I'll never need to replace it

cons:
·most of the car dash and accessories are hard plastic and it's been scratched everywhere due to kids and two dogs. ·cup holders springs didn't last long. ·one compartment storage never stays in place and always falls out.
·fabric seats have holes. very cheap materials. gonna sew them and get either new seats all together or seat covers
·defect in my evac gas. when putting in gas it senses the tank is full just a little too late always and I need to be careful to not over fill her or else she'll spill out.
VERY small.

Lovely Car
By Mackenzie

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I only had this car for two months due to someone wrecking my car head on but it did its job! I loved it. It seems small but very roomie inside. I had minor injuries but the car was totaled. It wasn't the fastest at accelerating. But it had great gas mileage and got 370miles on a road trip on one tank of gas.

weird smell
By giulia2

2011 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Interior smell is awful! People say that it is mold issue but it is not! It seems that dashboard, rubbers,
etc. made of crappy materials and driver undergoes chemicals exposure.

We bought this car in Toyota Ancaster Canada dealership and paid all together CA 22K . We hoped that that smell will be gone in awhile but it is not! When it's hot outside the cabin smells like hell.
Another issue is the radio. The audio system is just horrible! Never buy this car , folks, even it's a fuel efficient car. In a long term you may get
seriously sick.
Update :We sold Yaris after 1.5 year and bought Hyundai Elantra. Still smelling on teh summer time but not as much as Yaris.

2007, 08, 09 and 2010 40K service miles review
By girlcarbuilder

2011 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last review written was on a 2011 yaris hatchback, meant a 2010 at 20K service miles. Any way, the fleet has grown and I drive them all and service them as well.

At this point, the reviews are in respect to maintenance needs. All units are at or about 40K miles now and everything is holding up well with just oil changes, air filter changes, tire rotations. The 07 is a recent auction purchase. It needed new tires. It is also undergoing rebuilding from an accident. So, if you are looking for something reliable, this car is doing it.

Another interesting observation is how the front end is bolt on/off components. But if you take a hit above or below that bumper bar, bad news for damage.

Ease of serviceability. Easy to work on once you know the tricks!

OEM horn lacks noise ability. Added another system with relay to wake up cell phone users who do not pay attention!

Love my 1st Toyota
By tincup23

2011 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned a 2011 4dr hatch back since mid July 2011 had 20miles on it when i got it. I will say with out a doubt the best car i owned in 24 yrs. I travel to work 1 way 35 miles and the mpg on this car does what it says, meaning i pay no more then 7$ a day round trip. I`m 6`6 235 yes it`s a clown car for me :) BUT this car works exactly what iu wanted MPG!!! period... O btw this is my FIRST "non-american" car and IF Toyota and their warranty hold hold it wont be my last.. Toyota baby wow i`m impressed

MPG, Multi compartments

The seats need more cusion