2010 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Excellent car that is underest

2010 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Excellent car that is underestimated
By cdig on

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I feel like I'm driving a much larger car than it is. It feels solid and smooth. It handles more like a sedan than a hatchback. I don't feel like I'm driving a tiny plastic toy like the Honda Fit that my wife drives. It has good acceleration for passing on the highway, but not as sporty as a Honda Fit. Stability is excellent on slick pavement. There is very little engine noise while cruising on the highway. The acceleration is smooth and quiet without any jerky gearing.

The transmission is really smooth. There is absolutely no jerky behavior when changing gears. The driver has a lot of leg room. The controls are easy to understand without a manual. I like the unique exterior look. The stabilization system is a plus in winter weather. I feel safe in this car.

The back seats should fold up as well as down, like in the Nissan Versa or Honda Fit. The cruise control could be a bit more responsive when adjusting speed.