Best econo car I've ever driven
By balls_mckenzie on
2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
Lately I've been able to drive my gf's 2010 Yaris sedan auto and I cannot understand why this car ever gets a bad review. The turning radius is so tight, it's insane. The room up front is fine, a little tight in the back, but it's a subcompact. What blew me away most of all is this car's gas mileage. I've found it to be much better than 32 or 33. She has had the car for nearly 3 years - 0 problems. She still gets free oil changes, spent nothing on the upkeep. The ride is comfortable, we drove it on trips - no problem and like I said, the mileage is unreal. I own a '06 Xb with the same exact engine. 100K plus miles - zero problems. It's the reliability, that's why people buy it.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, problem free, easy to park, reliable, turning radius, fairly comfy ride, simple controls. It's a simple car so there are fewer things to go wrong with it electrically. Excellent engine - I have the same one, it's been around a long time and will not give you problems as long as you put oil in every 5K. Economical in every way - if you're looking to save money, this is the best car I know of.
Suggested Improvements
The new model (all hatchbacks now) may have addressed this but - this car is dark inside at night. It's hard to see the window and lock controls. That's the only problem I have with it. If my '06 xb ever gets wrecked (only way I'd part with it) I'm getting a Yaris, but with a stick. This is a great city car, but if you need more speed - get it in manual. Makes a big difference IMO.