2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Fun Car/GR8 MPG
By Doug on 05/07/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive. Three fill ups to date: 36.7, 37.7 and 38.7 MPG. Lots of room. Pretty smooth ride. Got a GR8 deal and 5 Year 0% financing. What's not to like! An absolute winner! Wife thinks it's "really cute."

Best highway mpg
By J on 05/03/10 04:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car to park the silverado in hopes to achieve 37 mpg from everyone else's reviews. keeping the car at 70 mph or less we maintain 35-36 which is very impressive. took a highway trip and set it on cruise which was added, at 65 mph and at 280 miles we did get 46 mpg. i have no complaints for the compromise of mileage. if I did not have cruise control added i would not enjoy highway trips. overall if driven with a light foot and 70 or less mph good result await you. enjoy

Reliable & good on gas
By yoski on 04/21/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had the car for 6 month and 8K miles. The gas mileage is about 3 mpg worse than my old Tercel. Best was 42 mpg on the highway, worst was 34 mpg in heavy city traffic. I average 37-38 on my commute which is mostly city driving. The car is comfortable and easy to handle, tight turning radius, lots of space once you fold down the rear seats. So far I had zero problems with the car. Easy to work on for do-it-yourselfers.

Superb Economy Car
By Stephen on 04/15/10 06:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2008 Yaris recently totaled in accident. Did what it was supposed to, protect my wife and me while taking the damage. Four days later I had a 2010 identical Yaris with even better safety features. I cannot tell you how peppy, compact, fun to drive and SAFE this small car can be. Gas mileage is great, interior and exterior features and looks are sleek and very 'Euro' style, and the cargo room is outstanding for what basically looks like a cute Tinkertoy. Small wife (4'11")loves the view driving it. Great choice for many reasons.

Get one!
By jimjimmyjimjim on 04/07/10 18:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really do love this little car. Why do people have to state the obvious in their reviews? It's not a $60K sports car, duh. That said, I think it is fun as heck to drive in the 5spd manual trans. Plenty of power and dare I say even a "sporty" feel. Great modern look, bordering on adorable (to me). I honestly like the center console that some people complain about. It makes it easier for me to read my speed and I get an extra glove box out of the deal! The interior is ridiculously large for such a small car. I've owned many cars including expensive sports cars. Ultimately a car is transportation. Toyota proves that transportation can be cute, fun, well made, reliable AND INEXPENSIVE! :)

Yaris Kudos
By Jim Mc on 03/27/10 15:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a new 3 dr Yaris and I am very happy with its overall quality and performance. I love the additional cargo space compared to my trade in Corolla. Compared to the Matrix which I drove as a rental for a few days the overall driver visibility is superior. It more than adequately gets up to the speed limit and as a technician it looks very easy to work on. Great price and quality. If it has the same dependability as my old Corolla I will be very happy in years to come. Jim Mc

Sensible and Awesome
By Jon on 03/21/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Yaris. For such a small, zippy car, there is a lot of room! I can fit my bike with the seats down (with the front wheel off) but it still fits! It gets great mileage, 36 mpg normally, with 38-40 mpg if I drive it nicely around the countryside. In carmine red, the yaris is very handsome looking and gets lots of questions and compliments. The seats are firm but comfortable. The climate controls, simple and straight forward, are very easy to fool with while driving and are very smartly laid out. The doors feel very sturdy and not cheap at all. My friend's corolla feels cheaper. The center dash doesn't bother me at all. To sum it up- zippy car, great on gas, & comfortable. Check it out!

A smart choice.
By mkyaris10 on 03/11/10 13:32 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I expected a simple get-around-town ho hum experience. I have been pleasantly surprised. The Yaris won't win any drag races, but the versatility of the interior cubbies along with the great seats and good ride quality will make up for it. The gas mileage has been good, 30-36 mpg. My lowest was 28.5 mpg on an all city driving week. I'd recommend the 5 dr, and go ahead and load it up with all the power options. You won't save that much by leaving them off, and they're worth it. Edmunds exaggerates the manual vs auto transmission. The auto is fine. The gates are good, and the shifts are smooth. You can't beat the Yaris. Just go test drive one.

I LOVE my Yaris!
By pawsplus on 03/03/10 09:42 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 6th Toyota, and my first- ever NEW one. I have only had it a week, so I can't comment on reliability, but I fully expect to have the car through 300K miles. I have the 5-speed, and it's a darn zippy ride! Smooth shifting and peppy. The center odometer/speedometer doesn't bother me a bit and it's nice to have the extra glove box so close to the driver. The car is ABSURDLY large inside compared to what you would think--a ton of room for both driver and passengers or cargo. I feel as if it's roomier than my Corolla.

Love it!
By Art Adams on 01/27/10 10:55 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have only owned this car for 3 weeks so I cannot comment on reliability but I have driven a friends Camry extensively and I am impressed with Toyota in general. The Yaris is a ball to drive and my only problem is that I want to be traveling all the time and that could eventually get expensive. The car is, for it's size powerful, comfortable and attractive. The gas tank is only 11.1 gal and I am accustomed to a 20 gal tank but it will go twice as far on a gallon as the Cherokee I traded in so the smaller tank is OK. All in all I am delighted with it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*