Used 2010 Toyota Yaris Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Excellent economy car
By Common_Man

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our Yaris for about a month and love it. We thought about buying a Prius, but the 10k price difference made us change our mind real quick. The Yaris sedan looks small from the outside, but is more than sufficient for daily use like commuting to work and running errands. Even at highway speeds (75+), the vehicle is pretty smooth with no vibrations/noise. Seems to handle snow driving (northeast US) pretty well, compared to my previous bigger cars. Fuel economy is excellent (38+ on mixed driving). 20 bucks fills up the car. Leg room is very adequate both in the front and rear. Recommend that everyone buy the power package that includes power windows, mirrors, locks and remote key.

Favorite Features

Inexpensive price and low cost of maintenance. Fuel efficiency. Smooth driving. Comfortable interiors. Easy to park and pull out of tight spaces. Adequate leg room in the rear for kids as well as adults. Great economy car for students and daily commuters. Gauges in the center of the dash are cool.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield wiper would be good. Cruise control is an option on Yaris, but not factory installed on most cars. Cruise would be a plus. Also, remote trunk release would be a plus.

I love my Yaris!
By Rex81

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a car enthusiast. I know a lot about cars and have owned everything from muscle cars to sports cars to big luxury cars to tiny commuters. The Yaris is my favorite all arounder so far. It looks great, gets AMAZING gas mileage, it's fun to drive, and feels solid on the road. The ride is an excellent mix of comfort and handling, the stick feels great, and it's just a great car to get in and go. The engine, though small, is really great. Very smooth, quiet, efficient, and it has adequate power. The sedan's trunk and rear leg room match many large cars. It's amazing how small it is on the outside and how large it is inside. Overall, the best car for the money out there.

Favorite Features

Price, engine, transmission, ride, reliability, solid feel, looks, low cost to own, fuel economy. It's everything my 07 Corolla was and more. No regrets at all. I love this car.

Suggested Improvements

The interior design is somewhat gimmicky, although it works. I wish the stereo was removable in case I want to upgrade. Toyota makes a decent stereo though, so it's sufficient at least. It would be nice to have the auto headlights like the Corolla.