2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Best econo car I've ever driven
By balls_mckenzie on 07/28/13 17:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Lately I've been able to drive my gf's 2010 Yaris sedan auto and I cannot understand why this car ever gets a bad review. The turning radius is so tight, it's insane. The room up front is fine, a little tight in the back, but it's a subcompact. What blew me away most of all is this car's gas mileage. I've found it to be much better than 32 or 33. She has had the car for nearly 3 years - 0 problems. She still gets free oil changes, spent nothing on the upkeep. The ride is comfortable, we drove it on trips - no problem and like I said, the mileage is unreal. I own a '06 Xb with the same exact engine. 100K plus miles - zero problems. It's the reliability, that's why people buy it.

90,000 miles in 3 years
By jacksinn on 04/11/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its no secret by how many miles are on this car that I bought it because of the great gas mileage. A little pricey. $17,000 and it doesn't have power ANYTHING. Friends make comments about that and they have a point. Still love the great gas mileage 35-40 highway. No problems with this car so far.

great car for me--so far 25 k
By hrs5 on 07/18/12 17:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I think my yaris is fantastic as I look towards long term ownership w/o problems... It might be a bit underrated if assessed from the standpoint of initial 2010 reviews of the vehicle versus longer term ownership. This car has really grown on me in every way! I'm hoping that I can dime in again in another 25k with more positives.

almost hibrid
By volvos60t5 on 04/17/11 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

for me this is the car for this hard times,in the future all cars will be electric ,for not be a hibrid make an amazing millage. and is fun to drive. the car for the moment.

Yaris does all things very well for very little $$$
By hkyang on 03/22/11 22:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

COMFORT: The sedan has longest wheelbase in its EPA class, allowing it THE most rearseat legroom in its class. Check specs! This makes more than comfortable road trips with family or friends. CONVENIENCE: Yaris sedan trunk BIGGER THAN COROLLA's! Check specs! Much is made of Honda FIT's cargo space, but on vacation with your family of four, FIT is reduced to being just another hatchback: LESS trunk space than a sedan, unless you WANT to cram the back so full you can't see out the rear! PERFORMANCE: Only thing that beats YarisSEDAN's turning circle is a Yaris 3-dr HATCH. Only thing that beats Yaris MPG is the all-new, Made in Mexico, Fix Or Repair Daily Focus. Yaris is tried 'n true.

The worst car I've ever driven
By jokl on 07/16/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Not enough power to go up hill. Dash in the middle is not intuitive to look at. $16k car still use hubcaps. With the same price there are much better cars from competitors.

Yaris 2010
By pmm on 06/30/10 09:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Found the car tracking and seems to veer to the right on freeway speeds. Actually got motion sickness twice on trips over 100 miles. Would not buy one again and dealer let alone mfg bad on trying to help seems they really don`t care about customers as they say.

Works great for me
By edgy on 06/27/10 08:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the yaris for 4 months and 6,500 miles, great car but I'm a Toyota owner for many years. Yaris replaced my echo that also had the 1.5 engine. Retired the echo with 200,000 miles with original battery, water pump, alternator. I feel the yaris will out do the echo. The mileage is great, highway average approx 44.5. Love this car, strong a/c which was always a problem with the echo

Great Car!
By John on 04/19/10 07:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car (had about 18 miles on it) and the very same day drove about 800 miles in a single day. I think a lot of the posters here exaggerate a bit on the gas mileage as I am getting roughly about 32 mpg before the fuel gauge starts blinking. Not bad but that was mainly highway driving. Drove it back another 800 miles and getting the same results. Of course, I had the AC going on the entire time which can affect the mpg. The interior did not have really nice quality materials but what do you expect from a $13k car. The engine was great and very zippy but also at the same time, extremely loud. You can feel the bumps and roaring of the engine. Overall, a great car.

Traded an XB
By blu287 on 02/09/10 06:31 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Work at a Toyota dealer....Traded in an 06 XB which i loved but the 0% for 60 plus the same drive train which I trust made it irresistible. 36.9 mpg on the first tank. Surprised at the interior space..I'm 5'10" 240 fit just fine. Vehicle seems to search for it's spot in the lane at freeway speeds. Could be me though I had 17's on the XB. Overall a great car...Oh by the way my other car is an 2009 Audi A4

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Yaris Sedan in NJ is:

$229 per month*