Used 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

My model is not a real hatchback
By Please Help

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

They gave me a car with cargo area "B". There is no certification on the car. They said they don't do that in this dealership, and the only toyota dealer of any size is 190 miles away (I'm in what historically is mostly forest area). Wood has to come from somewhere. They sold me a car that has no floor in the hatch. I need the car to travel for medical and to be able to look for a place and possibly move to a more convenient area. I am a 70 yr. woman. I have circulation problems extending especially to my feet. The heel of my foot becomes numb, and I have to try to rest at reststops. This cargo area is not what I was shown. It is cargo area "B". There are two cargo area options on this Yaris. I can't get any information on even how to get it changed from the "B" one which is not usable. It has a 6 inch area of no floor in the rear. I thought when initially shown the car it did have a flat area, and one is shown on p. 46--adjustable components. I have called the 800 number trying to get the "upgrade" so I can go to the back and be able to put my feet up there, or have the option of camping with a friend while travelling through bear country, and staying safely in the back, as I'm only 5'3" and there is plenty of ROOM. Also, the heat does not come down and get your feet toasty. The heater is loud so you can't hear the turn signals if it is on. I used to drive a geo, but it was leaky around the windows with age. The toyota company with the number in the owners manual was not helpful in that they referred me back to this dealer, Midcity Toyota in Eureka, CA. Stuff slips and slides as the carpeting on the back floor parts is extremely slippery (which don't fit together in "Type B" cargo floor). You could put another bathroom rug or something over it if it was anything like flat without the strip just above the spare tire compartment but the "cargo" compartment" does not hold cargo as it stands. I am allergic to plywood or I could get someone to saw a piece to fit in if it was flat (all this is with the back seat collapsed). But I am told plywood "gasses off" and that is what causes my headaches around it. Man, this is a headache. Also, I accidentally had the mileage button on "trip" I have had this car for 8 months and I just now saw it is not on odometer, but trip. The instrument panel on these cars is way to the right and there are 3 or actually 6 (one within the other) temp. controls. It is far to the right of where the driver sits, and my insurance would not allow anyone else to drive. It flips from this "trip" calculator to the odometer--and I did not read the whole 400 page manual to notice. I had to go on a "medical vacation" immediately (the dentists here in this tree harvesting area are a little "off". To get anything for the buck, you have to travel. The old geo was not a modern car, but its seats were not as hard on the hip joints and the controls were straight-forward and stuff did not slip and slide as much in the interior. I like the car, though, as it is modern and is not a gas-guzzler (I'm very GREEN as far as all that, plus I'm on a budget!). There are too many people around here with the giant truck tires, the jumbo sized-trucks, or belching out black smoke with no muffler, etc.

What a great buy!!
By Rebecca S. Drayton

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car!!

Upside : Great gas mileage, zippy drive for a four cylinder, very reliable! Downside: No legroom in the back seat; but the back seat does fold down to create greater storage/carrying space and more trunk space.

Car would have been ideal designed as a two-seater.

Car of my dreams
By ilovemyyaris

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a student that uses this car for commuting

Since I live in San Francisco I have to parallel park all the time, or find small places to fit in. Almost every single time I have a hard time finding parking the yaris has always come in handy. Another good part is how I can make quick U-turns pretty much everywhere (without having to reverse)

The only thing that sucks is sometimes I can be a speed devil and I'm on the freeway hitting the gas to the max and it takes like 20-30 seconds for it to actually start to kick in a speed up to 85-95mph

I've come to very close calls crashing into other cars, but I've always hit the breaks and they've never failed me.

I love my yaris!!

- Perfect for people who suck at parallel parking - Can squeeze into tight spaces other cars cant

None

Wheelchair Accessible
By ducatidave

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this Car! It's is by far the easiest car to transfer into from a wheelchair.

Large door on 2Dr model, seats are at the same height as a standard wheelchair, roof has a great place to grab.

Diesel engine option.

Fun/Zippy/Money saver
By whatswhat1

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 4 door hatchback and have driven it over a year. I also opted to add leather seats-great idea. Fun to drive, very zippy, can park anywhere, great turning radius (it still surprises me at times), wonderful to haul things in because of the back seat options, reliable and cheap to drive. I average depending on my driving style between 28-31 mpg city and 32-40 mpg highway. You will only get the 40 if you go 65 or under on a non windy day. Cons are that you hear the road noise and engine a lot, feel bumps because of stiffer shocks and the inside is more plastic than I would like...but this is not a sedan so what do you expect? A great, fun ride for the average cost conscious driver.

Fun to drive. Tight turns, great turning radius, hauls things well, comfortable on trips for a compact car, reliable and great for gas mileage.

Adding leather seats for ease of cleaning and more comfort. Something to lessen road/engine noise. Better speakers.