2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Car of my dreams
By ilovemyyaris on 01/05/12 00:44 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a student that uses this car for commuting Since I live in San Francisco I have to parallel park all the time, or find small places to fit in. Almost every single time I have a hard time finding parking the yaris has always come in handy. Another good part is how I can make quick U-turns pretty much everywhere (without having to reverse) The only thing that sucks is sometimes I can be a speed devil and I'm on the freeway hitting the gas to the max and it takes like 20-30 seconds for it to actually start to kick in a speed up to 85-95mph I've come to very close calls crashing into other cars, but I've always hit the breaks and they've never failed me. I love my yaris!!

Wheelchair Accessible
By ducatidave on 12/09/11 07:22 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this Car! It's is by far the easiest car to transfer into from a wheelchair.

Fun/Zippy/Money saver
By whatswhat1 on 05/16/11 06:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 4 door hatchback and have driven it over a year. I also opted to add leather seats-great idea. Fun to drive, very zippy, can park anywhere, great turning radius (it still surprises me at times), wonderful to haul things in because of the back seat options, reliable and cheap to drive. I average depending on my driving style between 28-31 mpg city and 32-40 mpg highway. You will only get the 40 if you go 65 or under on a non windy day. Cons are that you hear the road noise and engine a lot, feel bumps because of stiffer shocks and the inside is more plastic than I would like...but this is not a sedan so what do you expect? A great, fun ride for the average cost conscious driver.

I hate my Yaris
By lilliann on 04/26/11 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is the most boring car I have ever driven and I have driven many cars. I traded a 2007 Mini Cooper for this dreadful vehicle. It's a huge effort to pass a car in front of me - it doesn't want to; its automatic transmission shifts first up, then down, then up again around 30 miles per hour on an un-level street; it has terrifying brakes that lock up; it won't track over 60 miles per hour (constantly fighting the steering wheel to keep the car in a straight line - very tiring); no comfortable place for my feet. I absolutely hate everything about it, except for the gas mileage - and yes, that's very good. I recommend new car buyers to steer clear of this one. Get a Mini Cooper instead.

GO YARIS!
By nickac on 01/31/11 15:24 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Infiniti G35 for a yaris, which might seem like a huge difference, and it was. However, I been very happy with this decision. I constantly am averaging 31.5 mpg in the city and about 39 highway, which is fantastic. The reliability I cant say much about yet because my car only has 4300 miles, but it starts up in sub zero temps and hasn't given me trouble yet. The car feels solid for a cheap car. I hate how all the reviewers knock this car because it really is not that bad. It is affordable, practical, reliable, and excellent on gas. Despite toyotas recalls, I still think they are far superior than many other brands. For example, Nissan, GM, Ford, and mazda. Yaris is a great car!

Good, cheap fun
By Steve on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Yaris strictly as a commuter car, for a 100 mile a day round trip commute, on the basis of the fuel economy and the expectation that I wouldn't feel bad about putting so many miles on a cheap car. As it turns out, it's actually fun to drive. With the five speed manual, this light car gives all of the acceleration I need in town and on the freeway. I'm also impressed with the "feel" of the materials. The doors close with that "thud" that you expect from a luxury sedan, rather than flimsy feel of a traditional subcompact. With its smooth ride, I have difficulty keeping my speed down on the freeway. After getting my first ticket in 20 years, I installed aftermarket cruise control

Better than expected
By MS on 09/07/10 10:23 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought 2010 5 door Yaris for the gas mileage alone given my commute, but found the car to be enjoyable overall. I can get all 3 of my kids in the back if I need too. The manual is bright and easy to shift, power even at 1500 rpm, so I'm in 5th unless I am stopped or on steep hill. Nice stereo, with Ipod jack, "plasticy" interior but expected. zippy and I can park anywhere. If you're ready to save money and the environment get one. FYI Toyota does not make one without the power package so add 1k + to the price, I paid $14,200.

Great Second Car
By D.B. Ginther on 08/21/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Yaris for a year. It's a great second car with all the features necessary to get around town.

2010 Yaris
By Heather D on 07/02/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Yaris I've owned. I had a 2008 that I bought in 2007. I wouldn't have bought another one if I didn't think they were good cars. My only complaint would be the cheapness of the interior and the paint job. Both of which failed me on my 2008. The gas mileage is a dream. I took my 08 Yaris from SC to MA last year and only spent $160 RT. Amazing!

Excellent car that is underestimated
By cdig on 05/24/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I feel like I'm driving a much larger car than it is. It feels solid and smooth. It handles more like a sedan than a hatchback. I don't feel like I'm driving a tiny plastic toy like the Honda Fit that my wife drives. It has good acceleration for passing on the highway, but not as sporty as a Honda Fit. Stability is excellent on slick pavement. There is very little engine noise while cruising on the highway. The acceleration is smooth and quiet without any jerky gearing.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback in VA is:

$106 per month*