Used 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Car of my dreams
By ilovemyyaris

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a student that uses this car for commuting Since I live in San Francisco I have to parallel park all the time, or find small places to fit in. Almost every single time I have a hard time finding parking the yaris has always come in handy. Another good part is how I can make quick U-turns pretty much everywhere (without having to reverse) The only thing that sucks is sometimes I can be a speed devil and I'm on the freeway hitting the gas to the max and it takes like 20-30 seconds for it to actually start to kick in a speed up to 85-95mph I've come to very close calls crashing into other cars, but I've always hit the breaks and they've never failed me. I love my yaris!!

- Perfect for people who suck at parallel parking - Can squeeze into tight spaces other cars cant

None

Wheelchair Accessible
By ducatidave

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this Car! It's is by far the easiest car to transfer into from a wheelchair.

Large door on 2Dr model, seats are at the same height as a standard wheelchair, roof has a great place to grab.

Diesel engine option.

Fun/Zippy/Money saver
By whatswhat1

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 4 door hatchback and have driven it over a year. I also opted to add leather seats-great idea. Fun to drive, very zippy, can park anywhere, great turning radius (it still surprises me at times), wonderful to haul things in because of the back seat options, reliable and cheap to drive. I average depending on my driving style between 28-31 mpg city and 32-40 mpg highway. You will only get the 40 if you go 65 or under on a non windy day. Cons are that you hear the road noise and engine a lot, feel bumps because of stiffer shocks and the inside is more plastic than I would like...but this is not a sedan so what do you expect? A great, fun ride for the average cost conscious driver.

Fun to drive. Tight turns, great turning radius, hauls things well, comfortable on trips for a compact car, reliable and great for gas mileage.

Adding leather seats for ease of cleaning and more comfort. Something to lessen road/engine noise. Better speakers.

I hate my Yaris
By lilliann

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is the most boring car I have ever driven and I have driven many cars. I traded a 2007 Mini Cooper for this dreadful vehicle. It's a huge effort to pass a car in front of me - it doesn't want to; its automatic transmission shifts first up, then down, then up again around 30 miles per hour on an un-level street; it has terrifying brakes that lock up; it won't track over 60 miles per hour (constantly fighting the steering wheel to keep the car in a straight line - very tiring); no comfortable place for my feet. I absolutely hate everything about it, except for the gas mileage - and yes, that's very good. I recommend new car buyers to steer clear of this one. Get a Mini Cooper instead.

Gas mileage

Everything.

GO YARIS!
By nickac

2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Infiniti G35 for a yaris, which might seem like a huge difference, and it was. However, I been very happy with this decision. I constantly am averaging 31.5 mpg in the city and about 39 highway, which is fantastic. The reliability I cant say much about yet because my car only has 4300 miles, but it starts up in sub zero temps and hasn't given me trouble yet. The car feels solid for a cheap car. I hate how all the reviewers knock this car because it really is not that bad. It is affordable, practical, reliable, and excellent on gas. Despite toyotas recalls, I still think they are far superior than many other brands. For example, Nissan, GM, Ford, and mazda. Yaris is a great car!

MPG!, Turning Radius, Comfort, Practicality, and quiet ride. Has a very nice ride for the price.

None really, if any maybe add interior volume, and Mpg can always be better, but im not complaining.