2010 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Best econo car I've ever driven
By balls_mckenzie on 07/28/13 17:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Lately I've been able to drive my gf's 2010 Yaris sedan auto and I cannot understand why this car ever gets a bad review. The turning radius is so tight, it's insane. The room up front is fine, a little tight in the back, but it's a subcompact. What blew me away most of all is this car's gas mileage. I've found it to be much better than 32 or 33. She has had the car for nearly 3 years - 0 problems. She still gets free oil changes, spent nothing on the upkeep. The ride is comfortable, we drove it on trips - no problem and like I said, the mileage is unreal. I own a '06 Xb with the same exact engine. 100K plus miles - zero problems. It's the reliability, that's why people buy it.

90,000 miles in 3 years
By jacksinn on 04/11/13 11:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Its no secret by how many miles are on this car that I bought it because of the great gas mileage. A little pricey. $17,000 and it doesn't have power ANYTHING. Friends make comments about that and they have a point. Still love the great gas mileage 35-40 highway. No problems with this car so far.

great car for me--so far 25 k
By hrs5 on 07/18/12 17:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I think my yaris is fantastic as I look towards long term ownership w/o problems... It might be a bit underrated if assessed from the standpoint of initial 2010 reviews of the vehicle versus longer term ownership. This car has really grown on me in every way! I'm hoping that I can dime in again in another 25k with more positives.

Car of my dreams
By ilovemyyaris on 01/05/12 00:44 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a student that uses this car for commuting Since I live in San Francisco I have to parallel park all the time, or find small places to fit in. Almost every single time I have a hard time finding parking the yaris has always come in handy. Another good part is how I can make quick U-turns pretty much everywhere (without having to reverse) The only thing that sucks is sometimes I can be a speed devil and I'm on the freeway hitting the gas to the max and it takes like 20-30 seconds for it to actually start to kick in a speed up to 85-95mph I've come to very close calls crashing into other cars, but I've always hit the breaks and they've never failed me. I love my yaris!!

Wheelchair Accessible
By ducatidave on 12/09/11 07:22 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this Car! It's is by far the easiest car to transfer into from a wheelchair.

Fun/Zippy/Money saver
By whatswhat1 on 05/16/11 06:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 4 door hatchback and have driven it over a year. I also opted to add leather seats-great idea. Fun to drive, very zippy, can park anywhere, great turning radius (it still surprises me at times), wonderful to haul things in because of the back seat options, reliable and cheap to drive. I average depending on my driving style between 28-31 mpg city and 32-40 mpg highway. You will only get the 40 if you go 65 or under on a non windy day. Cons are that you hear the road noise and engine a lot, feel bumps because of stiffer shocks and the inside is more plastic than I would like...but this is not a sedan so what do you expect? A great, fun ride for the average cost conscious driver.

I hate my Yaris
By lilliann on 04/26/11 20:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

It is the most boring car I have ever driven and I have driven many cars. I traded a 2007 Mini Cooper for this dreadful vehicle. It's a huge effort to pass a car in front of me - it doesn't want to; its automatic transmission shifts first up, then down, then up again around 30 miles per hour on an un-level street; it has terrifying brakes that lock up; it won't track over 60 miles per hour (constantly fighting the steering wheel to keep the car in a straight line - very tiring); no comfortable place for my feet. I absolutely hate everything about it, except for the gas mileage - and yes, that's very good. I recommend new car buyers to steer clear of this one. Get a Mini Cooper instead.

almost hibrid
By volvos60t5 on 04/17/11 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

for me this is the car for this hard times,in the future all cars will be electric ,for not be a hibrid make an amazing millage. and is fun to drive. the car for the moment.

Yaris does all things very well for very little $$$
By hkyang on 03/22/11 22:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

COMFORT: The sedan has longest wheelbase in its EPA class, allowing it THE most rearseat legroom in its class. Check specs! This makes more than comfortable road trips with family or friends. CONVENIENCE: Yaris sedan trunk BIGGER THAN COROLLA's! Check specs! Much is made of Honda FIT's cargo space, but on vacation with your family of four, FIT is reduced to being just another hatchback: LESS trunk space than a sedan, unless you WANT to cram the back so full you can't see out the rear! PERFORMANCE: Only thing that beats YarisSEDAN's turning circle is a Yaris 3-dr HATCH. Only thing that beats Yaris MPG is the all-new, Made in Mexico, Fix Or Repair Daily Focus. Yaris is tried 'n true.

GO YARIS!
By nickac on 01/31/11 15:24 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an Infiniti G35 for a yaris, which might seem like a huge difference, and it was. However, I been very happy with this decision. I constantly am averaging 31.5 mpg in the city and about 39 highway, which is fantastic. The reliability I cant say much about yet because my car only has 4300 miles, but it starts up in sub zero temps and hasn't given me trouble yet. The car feels solid for a cheap car. I hate how all the reviewers knock this car because it really is not that bad. It is affordable, practical, reliable, and excellent on gas. Despite toyotas recalls, I still think they are far superior than many other brands. For example, Nissan, GM, Ford, and mazda. Yaris is a great car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Yaris in VA is:

$106 per month*