2009 Toyota Yaris 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - TERRIBLE to drive!!

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

TERRIBLE to drive!!
By Kelly on

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has the absolute WORST driveability of any car that I have recently driven. This purchase is a HUGE MISTAKE and I have nothing but REGRETS!!. It DOES NOT GO IN STRAIGHT LINE ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!!! It needs CONSTANT, and I mean CONSTANT, steering corrections to keep it going straight ahead. So your arms get EXTREMELY tired in a very short time (And yes, I've checked the alignment SEVERAL times). I had a friend's 2000 Geo Metro Hatchback for a couple months last year, and that car tracked waaaayy better (and that's a $1000 car for crying out loud!!!!!!!). It is impossible to take this car on anything more than a half hour drive without feeling your arms are going to fall off!!!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, reliable as the sun and moon, ultra-compact dimensions make it a joy to maneuver and park in the city.

Suggested Improvements

DRASTICALLY IMPROVE the straight-line stability and tracking!!! (maybe the steering ratio is too quick or something)