Nice Little Car
By obsessed2 on
2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this car for my wife on our 19th wedding anniversary and almost a year later am completely satisfied. Contrary to Edmund's review, this car has very good pickup with an automatic transmission. It offers all options including power windows, locks, and mirrors, as well as a security system that automatically locks the doors after about 30 seconds. The gas mileage is a huge plus. I average around 40 mpg during normal every day driving. The center display takes some time to get used to but after a while is no problem and actually feels well placed. 15 inch tires makes it handle extremely well. Overall, this is one nice little car when upgraded with available options.
Favorite Features
Very dependable. Gas mileage. Tire pressure monitoring system. Six air bags. Roomy. Plenty of storage compartments. Got a great price because auto industry is in a slump.
Suggested Improvements
Offer cruise control on 3 door hatchback. I purchased a Rostra aftermarket cruise package ($400) sold by the dealer and professionally installed a Rostra technician. The install looks so good you would swear it is stock. Comes with a 3 year warranty and works perfectly. Add delay for rear wiper.