2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Great Little Car

2009 Toyota Yaris Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great Little Car
By Luke on

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

In my opinion, people give out too many 10s these days, so I'm trying to make my review as realistic as possible. I've always driven a truck, but seeing the way the economy is and fluctuating gas prices, downsizing is the smart thing to do now. I don't have a lead foot, but I'm not always the most conservative driver and I'm getting 38 mpg doing about 30% city/70% highway. Looks great on the outside, the build quality is good. As far as reliability, I believe it was consumer reports that put it in its top 10 list of reliable cars at #7 so that's definitely a good thing. Overall, I'm happy with the car and recommend it to friends when they say "Nice bubble, do you like it?"

Gas mileage. Reliability (so far). Look of the vehicle. Simple maintenance. Surprisingly roomy for a small car. Heating and A/C work great. MP3 jack. Daytime running lights. Power package is a must (spend the extra cash for it, you'll thank yourself later).

Centrally placed gauges are a bit awkward but not a deal breaker. Cup holder placement is a little awkward too. Seats were uncomfortable at first, now that I've got 3500 miles on it, they're much better. Center armrest should be standard. Rear bumper protector should be standard.