Good little car.
By Stick Shift Driver on
2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
When I turned 16 my parents bought a practical economy car so I could get to school and work. The car rides nice for an economy car, and it rides and sits higher than my Dad's Honda Fit. The car is obviously not that fast, but it can swiftly accelerate when it needs to. I really like the center mounted gauges. The car doesn't really have much other than the power package, which I actually didn't want, but it was all the dealer had. The car has a lot of headroom for a tiny car, and the rear seats can fold down to make more cargo room. I originally wanted a truck, but I am happy with 42 on the highway, and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy a practical commuting car.
Favorite Features
Center mounted gauges, easy-to-use a/c and radio controls, no unintended acceleration! To the review below me, the Yaris is not a powerful car, the brakes would have stopped it if you kept them held down. And did you think to push in the clutch before 95 mph? Seriously?
Suggested Improvements
Make front cup holders so that they can hold more than a child size drink, move the center console back so your elbow doesn't bump it when shifting into 2nd and 4th, Interior could be a little less cheap, but what do you expect for $13,000?