2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Review: Best car I've ever owned

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Best car I've ever owned
By St.Louis.Girl on

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Yaris in a pinch when my old one blew up and left me stranded. I needed a car in a hurry and I was craving reliability after that car maintenance fiasco - so I went straight to Toyota. I've had the car for a year an a half and 18,000 miles. I love it. No problems at all, drove it from St. Louis to Galveston and back comfortably with 2 people and a dog on board. It has better acceleration, a smoother and quieter ride and overall better quality than any other small car that I've ever had - or been riding in for that matter. Also easy to get in and out of, even the back seat, even for my 6'4" brother. I would recommend this car to anyone, 100 times over.

zippy acceleration, comfortable ride, amazing mileage (usually around 40 mpg), incredible price tag, low routine maintenance costs - I've learned to love the gauges in the middle of the dashboard - doesn't blind me when I drive at night.

My one and only complaint - that center console is in an awkward place. I have an automatic and rather short arms, and I still bump my elbow when I put it in gear. I pity the person who gets a manual and has long arms. I do like the convenience of it and it makes for a nice arm rest on long drives.