2009 Toyota Yaris 1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Amazing on icy roads

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Amazing on icy roads
By BIll McCabe on

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've always driven big cars like caddys, Lincolns, and even a 24 Lincoln stretch. The vehicle I turned in off lease to buy my Yaris was a 2005 Saturn Vue with a 3.0 6cyl and all the bells and whistles. I bought a baseline 2009 Yaris and was skeptical as to how well it would handle the roads and weather where I live. Today we had ice everywhere. In weather like this my Vue was useless but the Yaris handle the ice and the hills like a plow I swear never slipped once or even felt like it was going to. I will recommend this car to anyone who will listen I still think its a shoebox but man what it handles like a half track in bad weather.

Favorite Features

Handling, big inside, performance, and style. Mine is black in and out. I love the tight feel it has peppy little engine for a 1.5 4 banger. In all a hearty 2 thumbs up Toyota you made a believer out of a guy who only drove American!

Suggested Improvements

Brighter interior lighting, inside light should stay on longer too. Move dash back where it belongs.