Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

So far, awesome!
By stephen portier

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had this car four months and I already have 20,000 miles and nothing has gone wrong. I am in my car all day for about 175 miles on average and I have nothing to complain about. Sure it's not the fastest thing in the world but who expected that? And everything else about it is perfect. Mine stays in a straight line for hours. Not to mention perfect gas mileage for not even being hybrid. I may not know everything but I love this car.

I bought two yarii this week! Woo hoo!
By Cassandra

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

For a subcompact car, this one delivers. Awesome fuel mileage is the deal on this car. It won't burn the tires off with take off, but you're gonna get at least 42 mpg with cruise and a/c on! Turn off a/c and cruise, and you're getting 50 mpg. The car is zippy, and contrary to opinion, big trucks do not blow you off the road. The thing will turn on a dime. Park anywhere.

Can we say awesome mpg's? This is a no-brainer people. If you want to spend an extra 10 to 15 grand on a hybrid, that's your choice. Six airbags and abs brakes come standard.

None.

Love it
By Scott

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car new two months ago for $11,666 plus tax, tag, title, and yes the $600 fabric/ding protection package, too (price was already negotiated so low I could not get them to come further off the price). I LOVE it. Exceptionally quiet ride for a car of this class. Get 34 mpg in blended city/hwy driving.

Gas mileage. Quiet ride for car class compared to 2006 Civic (I also own that car).

A real Center Armrest. Cup holder option in center, not just in dash (although I am used to it, it blocks ventilation). Could use 20 or 30 more horsepower for merging into traffic.

TERRIBLE to drive!!
By Kelly

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has the absolute WORST driveability of any car that I have recently driven. This purchase is a HUGE MISTAKE and I have nothing but REGRETS!!. It DOES NOT GO IN STRAIGHT LINE ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!!! It needs CONSTANT, and I mean CONSTANT, steering corrections to keep it going straight ahead. So your arms get EXTREMELY tired in a very short time (And yes, I've checked the alignment SEVERAL times). I had a friend's 2000 Geo Metro Hatchback for a couple months last year, and that car tracked waaaayy better (and that's a $1000 car for crying out loud!!!!!!!). It is impossible to take this car on anything more than a half hour drive without feeling your arms are going to fall off!!!

Fuel economy, reliable as the sun and moon, ultra-compact dimensions make it a joy to maneuver and park in the city.

DRASTICALLY IMPROVE the straight-line stability and tracking!!! (maybe the steering ratio is too quick or something)

Love this car!!! Jackpot!
By sarahf

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 4 door, as I sometimes have to use a carseat, manual trans. I bought this car to commute to work 100 miles/day 5 days/wk. I get average 40 MPG at avg. 70 mph. Great on gas! Comfortable. Large trunk. I have a 3 y/o who sometimes rides with me, we have a larger carseat, it fits! I have not been disappointed with this buy! I have put 8000 miles on it so far!

Love the center gauges. Manual is the way to go! I also love the cup holders on the side dash, very handy! It is not a race car, but does act like it and is fun to drive.

The floor carpeting is kinda cheap seeming in quality.