2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
Go Get One
By Coach Rob on 03/23/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

So far so Good! Very impressive pep for such a small car. Runs smooth at 80 or at 18mph. Also this little car turns on a dime! Really fun to drive! Reasonably quiet ride on decent road surfaces. A tiny bit more roady and harsh on bumps but what do you expect on a small wheel base car. Love the center dash display (except) the fuel gauge, odometer and accessory lights such as engine temp and light on indicators. Should be enlarged by at least one font size. It would be a bad thing if your engine over heat light comes on but the darn indicator bulb is so tiny that you never see it. Love the over-all appearance of the Yaris over anything else out their in this same size class of car.

Absolutely Love It!
By louise on 03/11/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a fully loaded Camry for my Yaris and have not regretted it for one moment. Not quite as powerful acceleration, but the gas mileage more than makes up for it and I'm not in that big of a hurry anyway. I can still enter the freeway without causing everyone behind me to stack up.

Good for cheap transportation
By John Drake on 03/09/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 Hyundai Accent 4dr got totaled in a rear end collision so I got a Yaris because it was the cheapest new car I could find. It's not a hot rod, but has good acceleration for around town and getting on the highway when I need to. It's roomier than it looks and at least for me, more comfortable than the Hyundai, and it feels more solid. Driving in daily stop and go traffic, I'm getting 32mpg. The solid feel of the car combined with front and side airbags make me feel safe on the road in it. Handling is good and the car is a pleasure to drive. I hope the stories I've heard about Toyota reliability are true, because I want to keep this car for a long time.

Love this car
By Elaine on 03/09/09 05:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Believe it or not I purchased a 2009 Corolla S one month earlier and hated it. Traded it in for this cute little Yaris and even with the loss I took am so much happier with this car. Feels tight and sturdy. Easy and such fun to drive.

Great 'starter car'
By mking on 03/04/09 09:14 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Yaris for about 3 months now, and have had absolutely no problems. I love it. I live in DC and it handles like a dream and is easy to park in a notoriously hard-to-park-in city. True it doesn't have a ton of features, but I wasn't looking for that. This isn't a 'starter car' for me, but I would recommend it as a first car for anyone. I wanted something economical, but didn't want it to look or feel that way. My friend got a Honda Civic the same week I got my Yaris, and all of our friends like riding in my car better. :)

Lowest ownership costs of any car!!
By Roger on 02/22/09 14:37 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great little car. I bought it to commute to work in and it fits perfect. Best low cost to gas mileage car out there. zips around very nice.I added keyless entry for 150 aftermarket and it is now fully loaded!

Love my Yaris
By loretta on 02/22/09 11:10 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nice low price, drives great holds the road and plenty of room. Easy to park. Good on gas. Very cute!

Well built, "fun," economical car
By harddrivin1le on 02/17/09 06:00 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I feel the greatest value in this car is found in the base models and that people who want more options would be better served with the Honda Fit. That being said, I love my Yaris. Mine has the dealer-installed TRD suspension parts (springs, shocks and rear sway bar). The package utterly transforms the cars ride and handling and gives it a Mini-like feel. The TRD package yields a very well balanced, fun to drive car and I'l highly recommend it to any enthusiast. I also installed the leather wrapped TRD shift knob, which flexes less than the factory rubberized plastic knob and yields a more direct feel to the shifter. Nice brakes, nice steering, acceptable seats, lots of storage, MPG!

A fun little car
By Very Proud on 02/12/09 13:27 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in our ford mustang for this car. We got the high end one with the McPherson suspension and manual transmission and so far we love it. Have had no problems, handles bad weather good and gets excellent gas mileage. The rear seat is surprisingly roomy for a sedan. Handling is fun to drive!! Will recommend to anyone. But only the manual transmission the automatic seems to stressed out.

Too Cute for Words
By tempron on 02/08/09 05:28 AM (PST)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Having weathered the past 3 years in an expensive German car lease (including $4.75 unleaded premium), I am a good example of the change in trend of consumer behavior. Bought my Yaris after a quick test drive and am in love with this cute little car. I obviously wanted (and needed) a car that was both inexpensive to own and operate, but also stylishly quirky and fun to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Yaris in VA is:

$132 per month*