Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great Car for the Money
By Mark R

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have the 4 door Hatchback with 4 cylinder. Can only go about 40 until the car warms up. Ice and snow build up between the frame and the tires, the scissor jack needs to be replaced

heats up and cools down fast. comfortable seats both front and back Great gas mileage since gas is around $3 a gallon here Enjoy the 15 inch tires much better

Check the review

My best car!
By CoBfan1987

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as my first brand new car and have not been disappointed one bit. In regards to the review by edmunds: When I test drove the automatic, I did notice more lack of power output. Its a good thing I was stubborn and would only buy a manual. Much higher power output. ;) And there is not a thing wrong with centrally placed gauges, its just different. It then allows for not 1, not 2...but 3 separate glove box storage areas.

Great gas mileage (35 - 38 mpg) and very dependable. Great for parking in crowded areas with small spots and parallel parking! Great price!

No suggested improvements.

FUEL ECONOMY NOT WHAT THEY SAY
By STEVE FLOYD

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Iowa and only get around 26 miles per gallon -- 50% highway during the winter. i got around 35 miles per gallon in the summer. not happy with fuel economy since i am giving up safety for fuel economy

Nice Little Car
By obsessed2

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife on our 19th wedding anniversary and almost a year later am completely satisfied. Contrary to Edmund's review, this car has very good pickup with an automatic transmission. It offers all options including power windows, locks, and mirrors, as well as a security system that automatically locks the doors after about 30 seconds. The gas mileage is a huge plus. I average around 40 mpg during normal every day driving. The center display takes some time to get used to but after a while is no problem and actually feels well placed. 15 inch tires makes it handle extremely well. Overall, this is one nice little car when upgraded with available options.

Very dependable. Gas mileage. Tire pressure monitoring system. Six air bags. Roomy. Plenty of storage compartments. Got a great price because auto industry is in a slump.

Offer cruise control on 3 door hatchback. I purchased a Rostra aftermarket cruise package ($400) sold by the dealer and professionally installed a Rostra technician. The install looks so good you would swear it is stock. Comes with a 3 year warranty and works perfectly. Add delay for rear wiper.

Amazing
By Andrew

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying a Yaris I did a ton of research on comparable cars and came to the conclusion that the Yaris Sedan was the best bang for the buck. I have not been disappointed. I love this car! Toyota was also offering 0% financing, so it was an even better deal. Comfortable and quiet (for the price), amazing gas mileage, and Toyota reliability. I couldn't be happier. In my opinion, the Yaris Sedan is the best car in its class... and I have looked at tons of other cars for comparison. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Gas mileage. I average roughly 35mpg without trying to conserve gas. Car has plenty of room (I'm 5'9") and is an incredibly comfortable ride. It also looks like a normal car (as opposed to the Versa and Fit) and doesn't give up style for functionality. Everything seems very well built.

Cupholders in a slightly different location (if defroster is on it will warm up your cold drink), and a more substantial armrest. Also glad I got the stick for highway merging... A couple more HP would be nice.