Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Nice Little Car
By obsessed2

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my wife on our 19th wedding anniversary and almost a year later am completely satisfied. Contrary to Edmund's review, this car has very good pickup with an automatic transmission. It offers all options including power windows, locks, and mirrors, as well as a security system that automatically locks the doors after about 30 seconds. The gas mileage is a huge plus. I average around 40 mpg during normal every day driving. The center display takes some time to get used to but after a while is no problem and actually feels well placed. 15 inch tires makes it handle extremely well. Overall, this is one nice little car when upgraded with available options.

Very dependable. Gas mileage. Tire pressure monitoring system. Six air bags. Roomy. Plenty of storage compartments. Got a great price because auto industry is in a slump.

Offer cruise control on 3 door hatchback. I purchased a Rostra aftermarket cruise package ($400) sold by the dealer and professionally installed a Rostra technician. The install looks so good you would swear it is stock. Comes with a 3 year warranty and works perfectly. Add delay for rear wiper.

Amazing
By Andrew

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Before buying a Yaris I did a ton of research on comparable cars and came to the conclusion that the Yaris Sedan was the best bang for the buck. I have not been disappointed. I love this car! Toyota was also offering 0% financing, so it was an even better deal. Comfortable and quiet (for the price), amazing gas mileage, and Toyota reliability. I couldn't be happier. In my opinion, the Yaris Sedan is the best car in its class... and I have looked at tons of other cars for comparison. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Gas mileage. I average roughly 35mpg without trying to conserve gas. Car has plenty of room (I'm 5'9") and is an incredibly comfortable ride. It also looks like a normal car (as opposed to the Versa and Fit) and doesn't give up style for functionality. Everything seems very well built.

Cupholders in a slightly different location (if defroster is on it will warm up your cold drink), and a more substantial armrest. Also glad I got the stick for highway merging... A couple more HP would be nice.

Best small car for the $
By psaw

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for a commuter, and it does its job nicely. No complaints at all. If you understand what a subcompact car is before you go car shopping, then, and only then will you understand that this car is worth every penny. BTW, I took it off roading a while back, not by choice, and it did better than expected. Very tough.

Simple design, legendary Toyota reliability, and of course, the prestige that accompanies driving a car that requires you to have complete inner security (I got made fun of by high school girls the other night at the movie store).

A cowboy hat rack on the ceiling.

Go Yaris
By love it

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love the gas mileage and low fuel costs! Very Comfortable on long trips for my 5ft 7 inch frame. Very quiet! I can hold Blue Tooth Cell phone conversations at highway speed. Love the small car maneuverability after years of driving a Dodge Grand Caravan. Very quick steering and short turn radius.

OEM navigation from Motevo Mobile

Luv the styling except for the front end which looks 'Mickey Mouse'. Great aerodynamics though! That's what really counts.

08 Yaris - everything I wanted
By Chris

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle to get me to work, store, etc. This is it. I've had this car 10 months, put 16K miles on it, and it hasn't given me an ounce of trouble. On an average tank of gas, combination of highway/town, I get between 39-41mpg. I run 80mph on the interstate with plenty left, handles great. The dash in the middle takes getting used to, and the corner posts are too thick, impeding vision, especially backing out of a parking place, I would like to see a tach, temp gauges. Besides that, this car is great. No regrets.

Corner posts are a real safety issue that will get people hurt. They need to be redesigned. Add a tach, temp gauge option.