2009 Toyota Yaris - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:
I would buy 2 more today!
By Steve on 06/23/09 19:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Over age 45 driver. I drive 70 miles a day rt. WOW-what a fun car to drive. Getting 34+mpg on mixed highway and city driving weeks after about 1500 mile break in period. Getting 40.4 mpg on pure highway driving trips now! Car has plenty of get up and run! No car is perfect..but I promise you will enjoy this car

Everything I wanted
By Bill on 06/11/09 23:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted a car that will get me from point A to point B, & to do it in reasonable comfort & with 100% reliability & to do so over 200,000 miles. I've not been disappointed in the first 5,015 miles. No problems, no surprise mechanical sounds, & the manual tranny is as smooth as an automatic tranny. I changed the oil at 600 miles & wish I'd changed it at 500 miles because it was BLACK. Subsequent oil changes at 1,500 mile intervals have been relative clean. I really like the TIGHT 180 degree U- turn diameter

Great car
By John on 06/05/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving it around town and on the expressway. It's 100x better than the new Beetle I traded for it.

Theres no competition.
By Twistoffate0817 on 05/29/09 19:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The price, the MPG, the style... this car has it all! There is no other car out there that can come close to competing with the yaris. This is overall an amazing car and you have to check it out before buying a new car.

Bugger!
By Remus on 05/24/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Got it since my MazdaSpeed3 was killing me on gas. In two months since I had it paid 815$ in gas for 7k I drove on it. The Yaris is great. Is fully loaded and also opted for the arm rest, mud guards and read bumper protector. I just love it so far.

The more I drive it, the more I like it.
By Al on 05/22/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I originally planned to get a used Camry or Accord but found that vehicles 2 years old with 40-60k miles cost more than my new Yaris. When I first saw the Yaris I almost laughed as I am 6'4" and I thought "No way will this work". I got in and was quite surprised at the room for my legs and head. I also had tried out a Scion HD and my head was touching the ceiling. And to be honest, I really liked the Honda Fit....but not for $3,000 more. First tank I got 37 mpg and I have had it a month now and have filled up twice. Don't miss the weekly visits to the gas station. The manual trans is smooth and fun and the center instrument panel and controls are just fine. No regrets!

After 5,000 miles
By Bill on 05/19/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

The 2 reasons I bought this car is reliability & economy. After 5,000 miles I'm getting 41.6 mpg, the a/c put our 40 degree of cold air today when the outside temp was 107. Back in Jan. this car's heater put out 182 degrees when the outside temp was 45 I am very pleasantly surprised at how efficient the a/c is on a very hot day here in Phoenix, Arizona. My only complaint is the lame squeak that is the HORN & the multiple reflections off the rear window from headlights behind me, at night.

Driving fun!!
By Joe V. on 05/14/09 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2005 Corolla for the Yaris 2 door hatchback w/power package. My insurance decrease, my payment dropped significantly, and I get lots of oohs and ahhs from friends and colleagues. The car is extremely economical. I'm getting a tad under 34 mpg around town: I have yet to do the highway, longer drive scenario. It is roomier than the Corolla was.... has more safety features, and is just fun to drive. It's a great second car backed by Toyota reliability!

Best car I've ever purchased
By Jim Bob on 05/13/09 14:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife owns a 2008 Ford Fusion and my Yaris rides as comfortable as the Fusion,with better gas mileage. Am extremely happy with my Yaris.We call it the "scooter pooter".

Best Little Car
By Len on 05/07/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Traded a fully loaded Mazda 6 and have no regrets. This little car is awesome! The 2 door Yaris is easy to drive, perfect for around town, commuter or second car. The seats are extremely comfortable. General driving, no freeway, 1500 miles, 36 and 37 mpg. Lots of head room, seems large inside, love the European look better than all other competitors. 5 speed manual is extremely smooth. My wife and I really love this little car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Yaris in VA is:

$132 per month*