Almost 3 years under my belt....still going strong
By daf62757 on
2009 Toyota Yaris 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought mine in December 2008. Its been just under 2 years and I can report a little more since I first submitted a review. This car is so roomy for such a small car. I have rented a bunch of cars on travel and all of them all less roomy than the Yaris hatchback. I just rented a Corolla and it was so cramped compared to my Yaris. The fuel mileage is fairly consistent. I get about 39 MPG on the interstate and 31 around town. I drive 70 MPH on the interstate so getting almost 40 MPG with the A/C on is really good. The car has very little road noise. I do notice that around 70 MPH, it is a little difficult to hear conversations on my cell phone, but it isn't a problem.
Favorite Features
The design of the interior is so roomy. You don't have a lot of room between the front seats, but except for that, it is more roomy and comfortable than almost any other car I have driven. I also have a Rav4 and this car is more comfortable. The cup holders directly in front of the air vents is genius. Cold keeps cold in the summer.....coffee keeps warm in the winter. In between you can shut the vent off and it doesn't effect the cup.
Suggested Improvements
Wow.....don't know about improvements. I would like some little creature comforts. Dual auto windows instead of just the drivers window would be nice. I would love to have the outside temperature show up on the display. Better radio options would be nice too. Always would like to see how a stretch version....with bigger back seats would look. I am sure it would effect MPG but would offer more usage for larger families.