Used 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yaris model:

Great Car for Great Price
By Charles

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a third car for my commute. I have a Tacoma but the gas was killing me. My wife drives a Prius but we did not feel like spending 24,000 for another car. We got the Yaris for 13,000 out the door and it has been great. No problems at all. Fun to drive, first few tanks of gas has been averaging 36- 39 mpg. Very fun to drive.

Gas mileage is wonderful. Not 50mpg, but, 40 for a third of the price. Really enjoy the ease of driving around town.

For some reason my clutch seems to need to be pushed really hard to change gears, other than that no problems.

Love it
By Scott

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the car new two months ago for $11,666 plus tax, tag, title, and yes the $600 fabric/ding protection package, too (price was already negotiated so low I could not get them to come further off the price). I LOVE it. Exceptionally quiet ride for a car of this class. Get 34 mpg in blended city/hwy driving.

Gas mileage. Quiet ride for car class compared to 2006 Civic (I also own that car).

A real Center Armrest. Cup holder option in center, not just in dash (although I am used to it, it blocks ventilation). Could use 20 or 30 more horsepower for merging into traffic.

Love this car!!! Jackpot!
By sarahf

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 4 door, as I sometimes have to use a carseat, manual trans. I bought this car to commute to work 100 miles/day 5 days/wk. I get average 40 MPG at avg. 70 mph. Great on gas! Comfortable. Large trunk. I have a 3 y/o who sometimes rides with me, we have a larger carseat, it fits! I have not been disappointed with this buy! I have put 8000 miles on it so far!

Love the center gauges. Manual is the way to go! I also love the cup holders on the side dash, very handy! It is not a race car, but does act like it and is fun to drive.

The floor carpeting is kinda cheap seeming in quality.

I would buy 2 more today!
By Steve

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

Over age 45 driver. I drive 70 miles a day rt. WOW-what a fun car to drive. Getting 34+mpg on mixed highway and city driving weeks after about 1500 mile break in period. Getting 40.4 mpg on pure highway driving trips now! Car has plenty of get up and run! No car is perfect..but I promise you will enjoy this car

Great gas mileage and plenty of energy for a sub compact car. A real heard turner car with more interior room than you think! Center dash instrumentation instead of right in your face. This car just gives you confidence that you can drive 420 on one tank of fuel! That is most important!!

Wish the front seats were 15% softer! Wish the cup holders were between the front seats and not on the front dash. Wish the center arm rest was 3 inches taller. Wish the fuel gauge and dummy lights were about 2 fonts sizes larger. Quiet the road noise under the front struts by 15% would help!

Everything I wanted
By Bill

2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted a car that will get me from point A to point B, & to do it in reasonable comfort & with 100% reliability & to do so over 200,000 miles. I've not been disappointed in the first 5,015 miles. No problems, no surprise mechanical sounds, & the manual tranny is as smooth as an automatic tranny. I changed the oil at 600 miles & wish I'd changed it at 500 miles because it was BLACK. Subsequent oil changes at 1,500 mile intervals have been relative clean. I really like the TIGHT 180 degree U- turn diameter

42.2 mpg over 5,015 miles, 38 Degree AC temp at the air outlet when outside air is 107 degrees, 186 degree heat temp at the air outlet when outside is 45 degrees, The instrument panel in the center of the dashboard is where the panel should have been right from the beginning for all autos

The horn is an embarrassment, emitting a squeak instead of a HONK! I don't like the multiple rear window reflections of the headlights of cars behind me. I wish there was a drivers side overhead compartment where I could store sun glasses.